PDA

View Full Version : Stock Barrel Reinstall on T&T action?

Cycler
09-13-2010, 08:08 PM
I had Fred at SSS T&T my Model 16 short action in 7 mm-08 and fit one of his varmint weight barrels, also in 7 mm-08, his competition recoil lug and his Monte Carlo laminated stock. The gun shoots well but finished up very heavy, which I expected.

So putting the factory barrel and synthetic stock (both of which I still have) back on the action would give me a light rifle for some uses and a heavy one for others. Best of all worlds.

My real question is does the T&T job alter the barrel threads so the factory barrel won't fit right and will the competition recoil lug keep the barreled action from fitting the factory stock?

I know I would need a barrel nut wrench, action wrench and go/nogo gauges to do this job but I'll get them if it can be done.

I have e-mailed Fred with the same question but haven't heard anything back yet so, being the impatient sort, I'm asking here too. :)

drybean
09-13-2010, 08:33 PM
i do not see how
it may not shoot as well w/ factory bbl. & stock

deadeye
09-13-2010, 09:38 PM
There are no issues doing it.

The action T&T doesn't do anything to the threads and the lugs are interchangeable.

82boy
09-13-2010, 11:41 PM
My real question is does the T&T job alter the barrel threads so the factory barrel won't fit right

Nope the threads are the same.

will the competition recoil lug keep the barreled action from fitting the factory stock?

Nope should fit unless you bedded it then it will need re-beded to fit that lug.

I have e-mailed Fred with the same question but haven't heard anything back yet so, being the impatient sort, I'm asking here too. :)

They are out of town for a couple of days, please be patient.