PDA

View Full Version : Another new guy from Texas

Papaaday
11-20-2017, 03:56 AM
Hi all! I am another new member from Central Texas. i am 64, a former Department of Defense civilian employee, have been retired for several years and really enjoy collecting, hunting, shooting, reloading and basically all things guns! I have hunted all my life and started shooting competitively at 10 years of age as a member of my Boys Club air rifle team. I moved up to rimfire rifle when I made my high school JROTC rifle team as a freshman and continued through high school and college. I switched over to pistol and competed for several years in both NRA and IDPA matches but my declining eyesight has pretty much made competitive shooting a thing of the past. Most of my shooting now is limited to recreational shooting on the range with my grandson and the occasional hunting expedition. Still, I maintain a fairly broad and eclectic colection of firearms including pistols, rifles and shotguns in rimfire, centerfire and black powder and ranging from civil war antiques to ultra-modern weapons. A few Savage firearms have found there way into my gun safe over time which is the reason I found my way here.

Papaaday

drybean
11-20-2017, 10:18 AM
Welcome aboard

Papaaday
11-20-2017, 11:17 AM
Thank You!

ttexastom
11-21-2017, 01:13 AM
Welcome from northeast georgia

ragsflh
11-24-2017, 12:59 PM