PDA

View Full Version : muzzlebrake

Shootinsurveyor
09-13-2010, 12:57 PM
I bought a 10fp barrel with muzzle brake. How easily is that removed and is it threaded to accept other muzzlebrakes

hailstone
09-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Muzzle brakes come in various designs. Some are intergral too the barrel while others are seperate pieces that either screw, weld/braze/soldered, pinned or permenantly attached. If its removalable then only limiting factor would be matching thread pitch and size too the new brake. Usually permenant brakes are installed on barrels under 16" too make them rifle legal. Good example was the AK's imported several years ago. Barrel with permanent attached muzzle brakes length becomes that of barrel plus the muzzle brake.

Don - LongRangeSupply
09-13-2010, 06:21 PM
I bought a 10fp barrel with muzzle brake. How easily is that removed and is it threaded to accept other muzzlebrakes

If it is the factory brake, t is threaded on, not always easy to remove but it does come off. The factory threads don't match any current brakes that I am aware of.

bootsmcguire
09-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Shootinsurveyor, this barrel is completely Savage factory including the brake and is a thread on.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/10FCPK

Nearly identical to this one, just not fluted and 22" from base of chamber to end of brake.

eight_heads
09-14-2010, 12:48 AM
the factory muzzle break on my 10 FLCP-K is 5/8"-24. I was able to buy a thread protector for an AR-10, but later has a "blank brake" made to use instead.