PDA

View Full Version : Help! Bolt release button is stuck

uncle-buck
11-13-2017, 10:12 PM
Was installing an aftermarket trigger in a Savage 10TR and the bolt release button became stuck after installation of the trigger guard. Now I cannot access the rear action screw.

Any ideas on how to get to the action screw without destroying the bolt release button?

RustyShackle
11-13-2017, 11:09 PM
You do have the bolt removed? And trigger is being pulled correct? Just making sure it’s not just an overloooked frustration.

Can you remove the rear most screw? This might help alleviate any binding if that’s what’s happening.

you would have better luck with this posting in the 110 section.

uncle-buck
11-13-2017, 11:18 PM
No. The bolt is in the rifle and the trigger cannot be pulled/activated.

RustyShackle
11-13-2017, 11:36 PM
Is the safety operational?

Robinhood
11-14-2017, 01:07 AM
You hacked the bolt release putting it back together. You may have to get ugly with it.

uncle-buck
11-14-2017, 11:11 AM
Is the safety operational?

No, it isn't.

uncle-buck
11-14-2017, 11:12 AM
You hacked the bolt release putting it back together. You may have to get ugly with it.

I *think* part of the bolt release button got hung up on the new trigger.

Robinhood
11-14-2017, 09:26 PM
Taken from Rifle Basics SAV2 web page:

**Will not accommodate rifles with the AccuStock. or any rifle with release bolt near trigger guard. Please see our SAV-1 Trigger (https://riflebasix.com/product/savage-110-axis-trigger-sav-1/) **

The arm of the sear that contacts the sliding button on the trigger guard is in conflict. you may be able to use a softer tool and tap the button rearward to get to the screw. You may need to secure the stock upside down and get a flashlight and screwdriver to tweak the sear enough for the button to operate.

uncle-buck
11-14-2017, 11:17 PM
Taken from Rifle Basics SAV2 web page:

**Will not accommodate rifles with the AccuStock. or any rifle with release bolt near trigger guard. Please see our SAV-1 Trigger (https://riflebasix.com/product/savage-110-axis-trigger-sav-1/) **

The arm of the sear that contacts the sliding button on the trigger guard is in conflict. you may be able to use a softer tool and tap the button rearward to get to the screw. You may need to secure the stock upside down and get a flashlight and screwdriver to tweak the sear enough for the button to operate.

I sacrificed the button and ordered a new button, spring, and retainer from Savage for $10 shipped.
Going back to the Accutrigger and will use the Timney on another rifle.
Thanks for your help.

Robinhood
11-15-2017, 05:36 PM
I wish that my screw ups cost 10$