PDA

View Full Version : Savage model 10 max 1 stock

Tjay75
11-12-2017, 09:31 AM
Hey guys,

This is my first post to the forum so I知 sorry if I leave out any info about my rifle. I currently have a savage model 10 predator hunter max 1, chambered in 6.5 creedmoor. I just started getting into long range shooting and am looking for a new stock to put on my rifle. There痴 nothing wrong with the current stock, I知 just not a fan of the Camo. I was thinking of getting a chassis system but am unsure as to what will fit my rifle because of the current accustock. I知 new to all of this, but I would like to keep the barrel free floated if possible (unless bedding it will increase accuracy).

Sorry for the long post, I look forward to your replies.

Tyler

penna shooter
11-12-2017, 10:42 AM
First off, welcome to the Savage sickness and a few choices are Boyds, Choate, HS, McMillans, etc
Good luck and shoot more often.

Tjay75
11-12-2017, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the quick reply! Is there anything I need to look for when looking for a stock? Can I use just any aftermarket model 10 short action stock? My rifle has the bolt release on the bottom, so I wasn’t sure it that would be an issue at all when choosing a new stock.

bearcatrp
11-12-2017, 05:21 PM
I just sold my cadex chassis I had on my 10T. Awesome chassis but pain in the ass getting the bolt out for cleaning. Most chassis makers will have your rifle listed for fit. The action screws usually dictate if it will fit. Mine was 4-4 spacing. Just figure your budget, then start looking at web sites who sell them. Ask questions here if you get hung up. Allot of good folks here with good information to help you. Good luck.

big honkin jeep
11-12-2017, 10:18 PM
If you're not fond of the camo then paint it to look any way you want, or trade it. :)
Spend the cash if you want but that's how I'd handle it anyway.
I know it can be nerve wracking to think about taking a rattle can to a "new" rifle but check out some videos and tutorials find a pattern or color you like and then just jump right in with both feet. If you dont like it do it over till you get it right. It's really not hard to get excellent results.

Bowguy
12-10-2017, 10:17 PM
I have the same model and same caliber. Only thing I have done was to shorten the LOP as this is my wife's new rifle. She loves the recoil as compared to her .270 and has already taken her first game animal with it. An antelope at little over 350 yards. I checked with Boyds and found their At-One stock will not fit this model.

Tsb3
12-13-2017, 05:33 PM
I also have a predator max-1. That is an accu-stock with the aluminum rail. I own a couple accu-stock Savages, IMO they are good stocks. As previously mentioned, you may want to try you artistic skills. It's a LOT cheaper than another stock.

foxx
12-13-2017, 06:41 PM
If you do replace the stock, determine first:

1. Action screw spacing (yours is 4.4 inches, because it is a "center feed". be sure the stock is, too.)

2. Top or bottom bolt release (bottom has a sliding button in the front of the trigger guard. Top bolt releases have a lever up on the side of the action).

Zero333
12-13-2017, 09:10 PM
MDT chassis systems work for the bottom bolt release but to release the bolt you have to use a pin or small allen key.

They fit both stagger feed and center feed 4.27 and 4.4" action screw spacing. Chassis comes with a offset washer spacer that makes every Savage short action MDT chassis work for both types of Savage short actions.