PDA

View Full Version : Searching for information on my model 110

Justen Daniel
11-08-2017, 10:12 PM
Hey Guys,
I am looking for information on my model 110; such as, trigger pull, barrel twist, what SBP means and possibly where I can purchase an owners manual.

My gun is chambered in .30-06 and has model 110 stamped on the barrel, along with "SBP". It also has F341213 stamped just below the rear scope ring on the left side. The rifle has a black synthetic stock.

I bought the rifle in 2007 and have used it for hunting the past five years (it sat in my closet the first five years). It has been a great rifle without a single malfunction (I've put an estimated 100 rounds through it). I appreciate any help and insight into this gun and/or it's reputation.

Fla_dogman
11-09-2017, 12:30 AM
Not sure about the barrel twist but the trigger is adjustable.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

J.Baker
11-09-2017, 03:35 AM
.30 caliber = 1-10" twist.

If the SBP is in an oval then it's the Savage Barrel Proof stamp (newer guns just have an SP for Savage Proof).

The "F" prefix on the serial number puts it in the 1988-2003-ish range for Date of Manufacture. See the chart in this thread for a more definitive D.O.M.
http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?55695-Dating-Serial-Numbers-with-a-Letter-Prefix

Trigger pull, if stock, is probably somewhere in the 5-6lb range.

This is the proper owners manual for your rifle.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/savagefiles/manuals/manual_centerfire_rifles.pdf

Justen Daniel
11-09-2017, 09:35 AM
The SBP is in an oval. I found the manufacturer chart after posting my question. I definitely appreciate the information guys.

strut64
11-09-2017, 02:13 PM
I have a similar vintage rifle, Ser No 837XXX manufactured in10/99. Mine was a 7mm Mag originally and is now a 25-06. The action should be a " flat back" which means the rear bridge is mchined flat and lower than the front of the action and the trigger should be a older style 3 screw trigger. There are several discussions about how to adjust the trigger but it is a good trigger for a gun used as a hunting rifle. Welcome to the board.

Justen Daniel
11-09-2017, 04:37 PM
Strut64,

I just checked my rifle and it is a "flat back", which is something I never knew about, so thanks for sharing. I have been reading a lot on this forum about adjusting the trigger. I definitely want to lighten it up some.

I've debated on selling or trading my rifle in for something newer but every time I go to do it I can't. I have several long guns but my 110 was my first rifle and I really like it.

I'm glad I found this forum because I've learned more in the past 24 hours about the 110 then I learned over the past ten years of owning it.

Muddly
11-10-2017, 03:55 PM
Have owned and used many bolt actions. But for accuracy, ease of maintenance, the ability to change barrels/calibers without the need for a gunsmith, and cost, you simply can not beat the Savage 110 series. Hold onto your flat back 110. You won't ever NEED another rifle.

Justen Daniel
11-10-2017, 06:22 PM
Muddly, thanks for the input. I've definitely made up my my mind and will not be getting rid of it.

On the topic of swapping barrels, do you have any recommendations for replacements or aftermarket? Wanting to see what options are out there.