PDA

View Full Version : factory blueprinting?

granite1
11-04-2017, 06:53 PM
Anyone know which rifles get factory blueprinted?

Robinhood
11-04-2017, 10:32 PM
I trust nothing. Different people have different views on tolerances among other things.

The Stealth and the PTA's at least including the PTA repeaters(LRP, BA etc....) ....One would think. Honestly none of that am I certain.

foxx
11-05-2017, 12:02 AM
I've seen Savage advertise doing so with certain models fairly recently, but can't remember where. Can't find it on their new website, either.

10 BA Stealth, according to Savage site

sharpshooter
11-05-2017, 12:57 AM
That's nothing more than marketing hype.

olddav
11-05-2017, 10:09 AM
Here is a video on Savage Arms web site that explains what they do in regard to "blue printing".
Now as to which models they blue print I not sure.

Perhaps a link would help.
http://www.savagearms.com/performance/

Robinhood
11-05-2017, 04:58 PM
06: Factory-Blueprinted Actions On select long-range and target rifles, Savage takes the extra step of individually truing and blueprinting their actions, much like your custom gunsmith would do. But we do it right here in the factory before those rifles are even assembled.

I don't know of anybody closer to the going ons at Savage better than Fred, so he says it is BS....

tobnpr
11-05-2017, 06:13 PM
Without details/specifics, a claim of "blueprinting" is meaningless, whether made by a gunsmith or the Savage factory...
Could be as little as lapping bolt lugs.
Could be a true, full blueprint- ream boltway for new .002 under bolt , true receiver face, recut threads oversize perpendicular to boltway, face lug abutments, lap lugs/face if necessary, chamber/install new barrel with oversize tenon/threads, install trued recoil lug and barrel nut (if used).

Make sure you know what you're paying for before you stroke the check.

bearcatrp
11-05-2017, 09:48 PM
The stealth is blue printed and possibly the ashberry is too.

foxx
11-05-2017, 10:20 PM
I don't doubt the factory does a fine job on these. My doubt is it makes any notable difference or improvement. Me thinks if it did, Fred and others would encourage the practice or at least offer the service. Notice he did not say Savage is lying, he said it's marketing hype.

Robinhood
11-06-2017, 12:30 AM
I don't doubt the factory does a fine job on these. My doubt is it makes any notable difference or improvement. Me thinks if it did, Fred and others would encourage the practice or at least offer the service. Notice he did not say Savage is lying, he said it's marketing hype.

Perhaps I took too much liberty..................Hehe.

Beowoulf2000
11-06-2017, 04:59 PM
On the Savage website, at the bottom of each page there is a link to the current catalog (under the heading "RESOURCES"). The 2017 catalog states all of the Tactical Series and Target Series models are "factory blueprinted:"
10 SAVAGE ASHBURY PRECISION
10 FCP-SR
10/110 FCP HS PRECISION
10 FCP MCMILLAN
10/110 BA STEALTH

12 PALMA
12 F/TR
12 F CLASS
12 BENCHREST
12 LONG RANGE PRECISION
112 MAGNUM TARGET

Savage released a few new Tactical models after the catalog was released and it has not yet been updated. Missing from the catalog are:
10 GRS
10/110 BA Stealth LH
110 Stealth Evolution

As best as I can tell, Savage rolled out the factory blueprinting feature to various models overtime. Since the catalog does not list the SKU, I don't know if the blueprinted models have the same SKU as earlier non-blueprinted models. If this is a feature you want, you might call Savage to verify how to distinguish the updated models from older stock.

granite1
11-08-2017, 06:17 PM
thanks "Beowoulf2000"!

foxx
11-08-2017, 07:23 PM
Gee whiz. I must have bought 20 of these in the past year, built off of them, resold them and did not even know there was anything special about them.