PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: new here and new mk ii owner

ampegor
09-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Hi just wanted to say hi. My name is andy and i am in the great white north. Thats ontario canada. Just registered on the site and just bought my first savage last night. a mkII bv. it has the old style receiver with the slightly larger barrel just forward of the chamber. was on the guys rack for a few years and was covered in dust but cleaned up real nice and bore is mint. got it for $60 less than going rate in these parts because of the age. Going to a gun show tomorrow hope to find a scope for her.

can't wait to try it out . already got 6 types of 22LR lined up to test

Andy

BrettSass844
09-14-2010, 11:46 PM
Congrats on your new rifle. My MK II is a tackdriver! I'm sure you will enjoy yours. Let us know what optics you choose and how she shoots.

ampegor
09-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Found a bushnell banner 6-18X50AO and rings at a local gun show for cheap so mounted and took it to the range. This thing is wild. even with cheap CCI blazer ammo it was shooting less than 3/4" at 50 yards and let me shoot stems off of weeds on the backstop. all i can say is wow. will get back when i have done more thourogh accuracy testing. so far it exceeds my expectations

Andy

TOP PREDATOR
09-19-2010, 07:05 PM
i'll suggest a rifle basix trigger for it, it'll feel much better than the factory trigger and help squeeze even more accurraccy out of it.

tammons
09-19-2010, 07:51 PM
Try some wolf target ammo