PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Time There was a Model 10

rollexus
10-29-2017, 02:18 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am currently in the market for a modular hunting rifle that may be used for target practice. More specifically, a rifle that comes with an AICS pattern bottom and 20MOA rail.
From what I understand Savage once made a Model 10 that came with and AICS pattern. The question is:

* Is a rifle with this configuration still be manufactured today?
* What is the manufacture/mode/serial number of that rifle?

If no such configuration is being manufactured today, i may just try to locate the original Model 10 with the AICS bottom.

Your Help is Greatly Appreciated,

Kind Regards,

Mike

Steak n eggs
10-29-2017, 04:34 PM
I know you can buy AICS bottom metal so that you can run aics mags in your savage.

squirrel_slayer
10-30-2017, 06:29 PM
pretty sure the stealth is aics pattern

rollexus
11-01-2017, 08:02 PM
Hello,

Thank you for your response. I should have mentioned that this for hunting application. The stealth is a great rifle but would not work for me. Also, I know that some Model 10 pre accutrigger/stock also came with AICS bottom. Can someone please confirm on a model part # or serial #. I may try to find one used in the market. Or if there are any new models being manufacture with the AICS pattern that would be great as well

squirrel_slayer
11-02-2017, 11:13 AM
wonder if it would be easier to just buy a boyds stock and PTG DBM or stock of your choice and send it out o CDI to have one of their dbm setups put in?

rollexus
11-03-2017, 11:11 PM
Which .308 would be best suited for that? Does not one know the model 10 manufacture number and/or year that came with AICS pattern bottom from manufacture?

psharon97
11-04-2017, 12:18 PM
Savage at one point was making the Model 10 Law enforcement series with a DBM system. It still had a heavy barrel that wouldn't be great for hunting applications. What you're seeking is more of a custom route. You could buy a stock and send the stock to CDI and they will inlet the stock for you.

Either way you slice it, you'll be looking at a price range north of $1000. You could also look at Mossberg and Bergara rifles.