PDA

View Full Version : Bought My Second Lightweight Hunter

Pages : 1 [2]

dranrab
01-23-2019, 06:16 PM
Where on earth have you seen this? I haven't seen anything close to that price! :rolleyes:

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/savage%20lightweight%20hunter

J.Baker
01-23-2019, 07:30 PM
Savage is dumping this model LWH. I have seen deals online for $450 each. I have a hunch the patient prospect can sit and wait for Savage to hang a rebate on these jewels and be into one for $350-$400.

Clearing out old inventory as the 16/116 LWH is now called the 110 Lightweight Storm with a restyled stock.

futurerider103
01-23-2019, 07:35 PM
Nevermind answered my own question

NFD9
01-24-2019, 10:45 AM
https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/savage%20lightweight%20hunter
The 16/116 LWH with the garbage synthetic stock...makes sense now.
Thx for the link

J.Baker
01-24-2019, 01:46 PM
Thx for the link

You do realize the new 110 Lightweight Storm still comes with a "garbage synthetic stock," right? No AccuStock skeleton or AccuFit system on it. Rifles with the standard tupperware stocks have always shot plenty good, they just MAY have a problem if you put a bipod on them or use a really tight sling when shooting off-hand causing the forend to flex enough to touch the barrel. Even then it only causes a slight shift in POI, its not like it causes the bullet to suddenly impact the target a foot away from your point of aim.

futurerider103
01-24-2019, 01:58 PM
You do realize the new 110 Lightweight Storm still comes with a "garbage synthetic stock," right? No AccuStock skeleton or AccuFit system on it. Rifles with the standard tupperware stocks have always shot plenty good, they just MAY have a problem if you put a bipod on them or use a really tight sling when shooting off-hand causing the forend to flex enough to touch the barrel. Even then it only causes a slight shift in POI, its not like it causes the bullet to suddenly impact the target a foot away from your point of aim.Yeah but it's redesign that's why it's an extra $350!

NFD9
01-24-2019, 03:33 PM
You do realize the new 110 Lightweight Storm still comes with a "garbage synthetic stock," right? No AccuStock skeleton or AccuFit system on it. Rifles with the standard tupperware stocks have always shot plenty good, they just MAY have a problem if you put a bipod on them or use a really tight sling when shooting off-hand causing the forend to flex enough to touch the barrel. Even then it only causes a slight shift in POI, its not like it causes the bullet to suddenly impact the target a foot away from your point of aim.
Yup...I had assumed the OP was referring to the 11/111 model (with wooden stock) when he quoted the online price he had found.

https://www.savagearms.com/firearms/centerfire/hunter-series/11-lightweight-hunter

dranrab
01-25-2019, 09:50 PM
Thx for the link

The stock does what it is supposed to. It's a handle on a gun and it shouldn't detract from accuracy. This one fits the bill.

dranrab
01-25-2019, 09:56 PM

The barrel channel on these stocks is large in relation to the barrel. It takes an effort to make lateral contact. You aren't going to have any issues with a bipod causing any touching.

NFD9
01-26-2019, 12:37 PM
The stock does what it is supposed to. It's a handle on a gun and it shouldn't detract from accuracy. This one fits the bill.
LOL...barely! :rolleyes:

dranrab
01-27-2019, 09:37 PM
LOL...barely! :rolleyes:

How did the stock on yours not serve well as a handle or how did it hinder accuracy?