PDA

View Full Version : A little barrel project for the Savage 10... a 300 AAC Blackout barrel

Pages : 1 [2]

gbflyer
01-31-2018, 12:24 AM
What did you think of the Serbian reamer? I've seen them advertised and wondered.

clm2112
02-01-2018, 04:39 PM
What did you think of the Serbian reamer? I've seen them advertised and wondered.

Well, aside from the time it took to get here, it is otherwise a good reamer. The flutes were sharp and uniform. The pilot bearing was a good fit and turned freely on the end of the reamer. And the chamber it cut looks just fine. It will take some ammunition run through it this spring to see what the fired brass looks like. I think it will be OK though. A few pieces of fired brass from a Rem 7 barrel were tight going into this chamber, but resized brass dropped right in like the gauges, so I don't think there are any dimensional issues with the chamber that the reamer cut.

clm2112
02-01-2018, 04:52 PM
That reminds me of something else I should try to make, to make this task do-able on the lathe. An adapter with a hose fitting on it. Thread one side 5/8-28 to screw onto the muzzle, and the other side 1/2-20 to thread onto a drill-chuck arbor mounted in the lathe tailstock. That way I could pump cutting fluid down the bore of the barrel and flush the chips out through the flutes of the reamer. That would make doing the chambers on the lathe less of a chore.