PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Possible bolt issues (and a few questions)

Dave C
10-24-2017, 07:12 PM
Hi guys and gals this is my first post, I have a Savage Mark ii fv I put maybe 1200ish rounds through that I put in a Boyd's walnut rimfire hunter stock and was noticing that the pin on the back of the bolt (sorry I don't know the proper name) that slides against the cocking ramp is scraping against the ramp and wearing the pin away. I think I can polish the ramp to maybe fix this a little but I should replace the pin if I do that. Is there anywhere I can buy parts online or do I have to call Savage directly? Also are the bolts interchangeable rifle to rifle? If they are I would just buy a bolt that looks like the one on my fv-sr if Savage sells them separately. I could always just buy a new rifle since they are so cheap but I don't want the same problem to recur. Thanks.

J.Baker
10-24-2017, 09:51 PM
Contact Savage, the pin you have will need replaced and it's probably a gunsmith only part so you'll probably have to send the rifle back. There's been a few other reports of this issue over the years. Ask for them to provide you with a UPS pick-up label so you don't have to pay the shipping - worst that can happen is they say no.

Dave C
10-25-2017, 11:33 PM
Thanks will do.