PDA

View Full Version : Change of plans for my 110 short action

Muddly
10-22-2017, 08:02 PM
Was going to go with a 35 Remington conversion, but due to a lack of feedback about that particular cartridge, I decided to go with the 308 Winchester.
There's a powerful attraction in the versatility of the round, availability of ammo and components as well as being able to salvage components from just about every 30 caliber round out there
I would like a good quality, modestly priced 26 inch barrel ( I like longer barrels. Less powder, same velocities). Suggested brands, from personal experience, appreciated.
My 110 is an E series flat back with a SUPERB trigger. E serial number prefix.

Bigbuckdn
10-22-2017, 09:15 PM
Was going to go with a 35 Remington conversion, but due to a lack of feedback about that particular cartridge, I decided to go with the 308 Winchester.
There's a powerful attraction in the versatility of the round, availability of ammo and components as well as being able to salvage components from just about every 30 caliber round out there
I would like a good quality, modestly priced 26 inch barrel ( I like longer barrels. Less powder, same velocities). Suggested brands, from personal experience, appreciated.
My 110 is an E series flat back with a SUPERB trigger. E serial number prefix.

always had good luck with shaw
but my new build going more percision and only looking at 140.00 more for shelin

jglover_81
10-22-2017, 09:15 PM
I've had good luck with the 2 CBI barrels I have.

SageRat Shooter
10-23-2017, 01:04 PM
I'm with JGlover on this one... I've got 3 CBI barrels and they are all shooters... I'd also consider the Shilen as I've heard they are just as good.

jglover_81
10-23-2017, 03:22 PM
I'm gathering parts for a long range 6.5cm and am considering a shilen select match barrel. But it's hard to decide since my 6br CBI shoots .2-.3(better if I can do my part)

SageRat Shooter
10-23-2017, 03:38 PM
I hear you JGlover... For me, I'm of the mind.... if it isn't broke, don't fix it. I think I'll be staying with my CBIs until I get one that isn't "up to par" from what I've experienced thus far.