PDA

View Full Version : Single Shot Feed Ramp for Savage 12FV. Which ones fit?

Mozella
10-20-2017, 07:23 PM
I just got my Savage 12FV from Cabelas. I see that it's a bit different in several ways from some of my other Savages and these differences are obviously designed to save a bit of money. Of course, that's why they are able to offer it at such a low price. No problem there since I'm only interested in the action and trigger for a new build in progress.

I need a single shot feed ramp for F-Class and since I've already filled the magazine box of my new Boyd's stock with lead shot, I don't want a single shot feed ramp which depends on the magazine to function. I just need a the little aluminum piece. I'm not afraid of doing some grinding and fitting as well as some epoxy work. I'll figure out how to make it work, but it would be nice to have a good starting point.

Can I expect a single shot feed ramp designed for other flavors of the Model 12 fit in my Cabelas 12FV action? I'm mainly interested in something which will properly fill the opening in the bottom of the action. A friend gave me an old, unmarked feed ramp which is way too short, but I suspect it was designed for a staggered feed magazine. However, I'm not sure about that.

J.Baker
10-20-2017, 08:34 PM
http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/ (http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/LoadingRamps.html)

Click on Loading Ramps in the menu on the left. You want the Single-Shot Loading Ramp at the bottom of that page.

Mozella
10-20-2017, 09:45 PM
http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/ (http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/LoadingRamps.html)

Click on Loading Ramps in the menu on the left. You want the Single-Shot Loading Ramp at the bottom of that page.

So are you saying that the Cabelas 12FV cut-out for the magazine is the same size and shape as most of the other versions of the Model 12 which use a center feed magazine?

Ratbuster
10-20-2017, 11:40 PM
SharpShooterSupply is the only source I know for the centerfeed SS tray. The tray fits the action but is not held in from below so it needs to be supported on the bottom. You will need to fill the mag area with something like a block of wood or other filler of your choice. I lightly glue a block of wood into the bottom of the mag well that is below the bottom of the SS tray when assembled. Then put a ball of epoxy putty between the tray and wood ( wax the bottom of the tray) push down on the tray to seat it in the action and your done. Works fantastic.

penna shooter
10-21-2017, 09:01 AM
Good info, thanks for sharing....May go this route during my build of my 12FV 22-250 Rem...

J.Baker
10-22-2017, 10:50 AM
SharpShooterSupply is the only source I know for the centerfeed SS tray. The tray fits the action but is not held in from below so it needs to be supported on the bottom. You will need to fill the mag area with something like a block of wood or other filler of your choice. I lightly glue a block of wood into the bottom of the mag well that is below the bottom of the SS tray when assembled. Then put a ball of epoxy putty between the tray and wood ( wax the bottom of the tray) push down on the tray to seat it in the action and your done. Works fantastic.

Actually, they are designed to stay in the action with nothing holding them from below, but due to factory production tolerances there are times they won't (i.e. your action's port is on the large side of the accepted tolerance).

culpeper
11-08-2017, 06:45 PM
Kinney's shooting supply sells the SSS ramps if you want avoid having to mail a form that you sign your life away on. I hate dealing directly with SSS. I get Mr. Bubble T-shirts quicker and that is with the allow six to eight weeks for delivery. Every announcement on the SSS website is some sort of semi hostile disclaimer.

RustyShackle
11-08-2017, 09:56 PM
Kinney's shooting supply sells the SSS ramps if you want avoid having to mail a form that you sign your life away on. I hate dealing directly with SSS. I get Mr. Bubble T-shirts quicker and that is with the allow six to eight weeks for delivery. Every announcement on the SSS website is some sort of semi hostile disclaimer.

I had great service from SSS when I ordered from them. I did so with a phone call I think. Took three minutes of my time and then about a week to get my order. Either way, top notch products.

Ratbuster
11-10-2017, 08:05 PM
I spoke with Lisa on the phone about a SS tray; she shipped it without prior payment and I paid her later on the honor system.

penna shooter
11-11-2017, 05:07 AM
I spoke with Lisa on the phone about a SS tray; she shipped it without prior payment and I paid her later on the honor system.
Updates?? Prior payment work out?? Product reviews???? Thoughts??

HankC
11-11-2017, 08:05 PM
Do the factory magazine follower and spring need to be removed to install the single round feed ramp or the feed ramp is installed on top of the factory follower. Sounds like the feed ramp is held in placeby the magazine feed lips.

culpeper
11-13-2017, 03:17 PM
I had great service from SSS when I ordered from them. I did so with a phone call I think. Took three minutes of my time and then about a week to get my order. Either way, top notch products.Check their current instructions for ordering.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Ratbuster
11-13-2017, 09:34 PM
Updates?? Prior payment work out?? Product reviews???? Thoughts??

I have several of the SSS single shot trays. Work perfect.

penna shooter
11-16-2017, 08:03 PM
Good to go....Any Pixs?

J.Baker
11-16-2017, 08:34 PM
Do the factory magazine follower and spring need to be removed to install the single round feed ramp or the feed ramp is installed on top of the factory follower. Sounds like the feed ramp is held in placeby the magazine feed lips.

The SSS ramps for the centerfeed actions don't use the factory magazine hardware, they replace it. The Score-Hi followers for the older staggered feed actions are the ones that go in the factory mag and ride on top of the follower.

jpx2rk
11-17-2017, 07:26 AM
Do the adapters fit in the 223 & 204R calibers? I read the comment on SSS about those calibers being different.

penna shooter
12-04-2017, 07:07 PM
Good to go....Any Pixs?
Hell....I do....finally installed......Pixs with Vortex HS Long Range....Helping those who want to see pixs of ramp....

Sterling
12-04-2017, 10:46 PM
Hell....I do....finally installed......Pixs with Vortex HS Long Range....Helping those who want to see pixs of ramp....

Cool. So you got yours from: http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/LoadingRamps.html

So does this install over the internal blind magazine? Or do you have to remove the internal blind magazine?

penna shooter
12-05-2017, 08:29 AM
Need to remove center feed magazine first, SSS feed ramp installs to the action and snaps in place.....Big fan of one shot, one kill.