PDA

View Full Version : Jim @ Apache

Pages : 1 [2]

doubletapt
10-23-2017, 02:51 PM
I'm sure Jim is a stand up guy and is doing his best.
Just want an ETA and to know I won't be left with a gun in pieces for a year. He told me that it would be sent out shortly right when I ordered it.
I'm sure he is cranking out barrels trying to catch up instead of responding to PM's and emails.

J.Baker
10-24-2017, 11:15 AM
Apologies to the original poster here as this thread should have never taken the turn it did. The behavior exhibited here is exactly why we have the policy we have regarding vendor bashing and is why we have a read-only vendor feedback board.

Unfortunately some people can't refrain from airing their opinion every time someone's name comes up, even when said opinion was never asked for. Then in response several others always feel compelled to chime in to defend that business or person. It's something we have had to deal with concerning several different businesses for the last 10 years or so. This particular issue regarding Apache with these individuals has been going on for roughly a year and a half now and on more than one occasion I have fielded PM's or emails from each of the parties involved complaining about one of the other parties. Frankly I've grown tired of having to constantly calm the waters between these individuals - hence my somewhat colorful tone in my previous response.

One such party chose not to heed my warning and sent me a PM last night questioning my authority, character and integrity as a moderator, claiming I was taking sides and I was wanting to perpetuate false information and so forth. I think it was pretty plain and clear in my last post in this thread that I wasn't taking sides and would hold all parties equally accountable if the behavior persisted. Well, he chose to persist in said PM and now he's gone - not for his position or anything he said about Apache, but because of his own stubborn and persistent behavior.

It's petty stuff like this that has driven many good members away from this site in recent years and it ends now. I don't care if you're a paid member or not, nor do I care if you've been a member for a week or a decade. I'm not going to tolerate this kind of pettiness anymore.

wbm
10-24-2017, 12:44 PM
Well, he chose to persist in said PM and now he's gone

Oops!

Anyone know what brand/brands of barrels Jim uses at Apache?

J.Baker
10-24-2017, 04:16 PM
Believe Green Mountain and X-Caliber are the two predominant brands he uses.

doubletapt
10-25-2017, 02:54 PM
I'm fine, I don't think any harm was done.
Just looking for an ETA so I can plan accordingly.
Have my rifle in pieces, should I buy a barrel elsewhere or is Jim going to get to mine in a reasonable time?

foxx
10-25-2017, 03:12 PM
If not, its likely a caliber that he cant get blanks for right now. What is he building you?

doubletapt
10-25-2017, 07:38 PM
.300 blk out

foxx
10-25-2017, 07:43 PM
That shouldn't be a problem.

LoneWolf
10-26-2017, 10:37 AM
I hit up Jim last night DT. I should get on the phone with him by the end of the week.

Bginvestor
10-27-2017, 10:41 PM
I hit up Jim last night DT. I should get on the phone with him by the end of the week.

I noticed that his website is down. I hope he's ok. And I hope my barrel order with him from a month ago is OK as well.

foxx
10-27-2017, 11:43 PM
I am able to pull up his site just fine.

Bginvestor
10-28-2017, 12:45 AM
I am able to pull up his site just fine.

Thanks for the heads up.. I checked my IPhone, and it appears I was able to bring up his website on that OS. I could not from my PC. Only website that I've had issue with? In any case, my mistake probably.

LoneWolf
10-28-2017, 09:29 AM
I just got caught up with Jim last night. Things have come a long way with his family situation, so he’ll be back in the shop pretty much full time now. There’s going to be some big changes with AGW over the next couple of months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doubletapt
10-28-2017, 04:30 PM
So any word or ETA on my barrel?

Apache
10-30-2017, 10:54 PM
DT,

My apologies.....my life has been pretty hectic lately. Phil was able to get in touch with me and I did get your barrel finished. The paint is curing and I hope it should be ready to ship by Wednesday. It has a recommended cure time of one week, but it should be able to finish curing on the way to you.

Thx for your patience and understanding.

Jim

doubletapt
10-31-2017, 07:51 PM
Very appreciative and excited.
Thanks Jim

J.Baker
11-01-2017, 04:47 PM
DT,

My apologies.....my life has been pretty hectic lately. Phil was able to get in touch with me and I did get your barrel finished. The paint is curing and I hope it should be ready to ship by Wednesday. It has a recommended cure time of one week, but it should be able to finish curing on the way to you.

Thx for your patience and understanding.

Jim

Now how about taking care of this one as well...

Good Luck.
He's had my money since February 2016. Yes, twenty months, and still no barrel.
I posted regarding this last spring, and Lonewolf immediately offered his help, getting in touch with Jim.
His daughter was in an accident this summer, and thankfully is on her way to a good recovery. This of course deserved all his attention -as it should.
He last emailed on August 7 that my barrel would be among the first he would complete once he was back in operation.
His website states he is now taking new orders.
He continues to advertise custom barrels on eBay, stating: "The barrel will be completed in 3-5 business days".
I emailed him again this week; will post when I receive a reply.

Apache
11-01-2017, 05:16 PM
Will do........I'll try to contact him via PM....

Maybe he will see this post and I can get it straightened out.

Sent him a PM.......if anybody sees him posting here........ask him to get in touch with me via PM here on Savage shooters.

Thx!

Mnshooter
11-03-2017, 09:10 AM
Will do........I'll try to contact him via PM....

Maybe he will see this post and I can get it straightened out.

Sent him a PM.......if anybody sees him posting here........ask him to get in touch with me via PM here on Savage shooters.

Thx!

Jim,
Sorry to have been so long to reply. I was away from the site recently.
I sent you a PM reply, and also an email on the same services we have always used.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

And, a big THANKS to Mr. F. for all his attention and assistance!

Mnshooter
11-11-2017, 08:37 AM
UDATE!
I received an email yesterday from Jim, requesting I call him.
He was very apologetic, explaining that he has had a lot of trouble with emails, sometimes resulting in deletions before he saw them.
He is MORE than taking care of my order, with a generosity I will not detail, but will only say:
He is doing far more than he needed to do -or ever would have been expected to do, by anyone.

I hope everyone who participated in this thread, among others, will read this.