PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas Shooting

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Banana Juice
01-20-2018, 12:08 PM
I agree in part with what you are saying but I don't believe that power money and religion are the driving force I believe those things are mere tools that the forces behind this used to manipulate people. That being said when we listen two media or whatever Source we use not having witnessed the events our self we are basing our beliefs on faith and what we are hearing or what we choose to hear so in that regards I choose to put my faith in Christ.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using TapatalkNothing at all wrong with that either. More G-O-D in our lives is undoubtedly a good thing, regardless of what the issue is we are discussing. Used properly, the guidance He gives can be the most powerful weapon against the evil that is afoot in the world. Thank you for reminding us of that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ted_Feasel
01-20-2018, 12:11 PM
Nothing at all wrong with that either. More G-O-D in our lives is undoubtedly a good thing, regardless of what the issue is we are discussing. Used properly, the guidance He gives can be the most powerful weapon against the evil that is afoot in the world. Thank you for reminding us of that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using TapatalkThank you :) that is one of the many things our creator is tasked his followers with is to constantly comfort and remind each other that ultimately he is in control

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Robinhood
01-20-2018, 12:54 PM
Oswald was the lone shooter. :o

yobuck
01-20-2018, 01:16 PM
Thank you :) that is one of the many things our creator is tasked his followers with is to constantly comfort and remind each other that ultimately he is in control

But also remember if your boats leaking, best row toward shore as fast as you can.
Because it could be argued, that's why he gave us a mind, and the oars to do that with.

Ted_Feasel
01-20-2018, 01:24 PM
But also remember if your boats leaking, best row toward shore as fast as you can.
Because it could be argued, that's why he gave us a mind, and the oars to do that with.Can't disagree with that :)

geargrinder
01-21-2018, 12:36 AM
Oh??? Your research told you that, did it?? You need to find better sources, little boy.

I read it on the internet, and it wasn't reported in the mainstream media, so it must be true.

Banana Juice
01-21-2018, 02:01 AM
I read it on the internet, and it wasn't reported in the mainstream media, so it must be true.Completely asinine statement.

geargrinder
01-21-2018, 03:19 PM
But this is exactly the way you are coming off to people. Telling them that you have access to the truth and that everything the mainstream media is a lie.

Furthermore, you have done nothing but argue, providing no proof or substantiating evidence. You've mentioned some ideas that have a weak relationship to each other, but correlation does not equal causation.

I'm a pretty firm believer in the Law of Parsimony- a principle according to which an explanation of a thing or event is made with the fewest possible assumptions.

Ted_Feasel
01-21-2018, 03:32 PM
But this is exactly the way you are coming off to people. Telling them that you have access to the truth and that everything the mainstream media is a lie.

Furthermore, you have done nothing but argue, providing no proof or substantiating evidence. You've mentioned some ideas that have a weak relationship to each other, but correlation does not equal causation.

I'm a pretty firm believer in the Law of Parsimony- a principle according to which an explanation of a thing or event is made with the fewest possible assumptions.I'm going to play devils advocate for a moment.
For anyone to say they know what happened or even have a remote concept of the facts on anything they didn't witness with their own eyes is... well, frankly it's insane. Lamestream media is well known to be more worried about shaping opinions than reporting the facts for people to draw their own conclusions. Even if someone was a room above the shooter looking down and watching, they still have only a very tiny fraction of the facts and truth of the whole picture. 95 percent of what any of us base our opinions on adds up to what would or could be defined as faith based information... they are going on what they believe rather than 100 percent irrefutable evidence. For anyone to poke at anothers idea of what happened is just as invalid as the next.

Stumpkiller
01-21-2018, 03:39 PM
Even if you had seen it with your own eyes - the human brain fills in a lot and will interpret visual events that may not be accurate.

I saw a gun in his hands - no, you thought you saw a gun in his hands.

I swear it had antlers when I shot - no, you wanted to see antlers so badly your brain put them there for you. (Or the even sadder - I thought he was a deer)

I saw a ghost - no, you saw something your brain interpreted as a ghost

etc., etc.

Ted_Feasel
01-21-2018, 03:43 PM
Even if you had seen it with your own eyes - the human brain fills in a lot and will interpret visual events that may not be accurate.

I saw a gun in his hands - no, you thought you saw a gun in his hands.

I swear it had antlers when I shot - no, you wanted to see antlers so badly your brain put them there for you. (Or the even sadder - I thought he was a deer)

I saw a ghost - no, you saw something your brain interpreted as a ghost

etc., etc.I know that's true. Objective truth and facts are next to impossible to come by...