PDA

View Full Version : StockRemoval

JakeBrake
09-29-2017, 06:12 PM
Hi

I have been shooting a 110 300Wmag for 6 or 7 years now. I bought it new. I'm not sure exactly which model it is but has the Accutrigger, Accustock, heavy fluted barrel and brake. The groups have just gotten quite a bit larger than usual for some reason, so I thought I'd reset the action screws and adjust the trigger, but the instructions I see online must be for a different generation of Accustock because they don't work for me. Even the manual I have shows 3 action screws but I only see 2? Oddly enough they are quite close together; one in the plastic stock about 1.5 inches infront of the d. mag and the other right in the bottom metal just in front of the d.mag release button. They are only about 1.5 inches apart. I don't see any other action screws. There is one other screw behind the trigger guard but it isn't a machine screw and doesn't bottom out. It just spins in and out of the plastic. It has very course theads: like a little drywall screw. Anyway, I pulled all three out but the barreled action still isn't coming out.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Are there different instructions for removing my stock ?

Thx

olddav
09-29-2017, 06:36 PM
If it's a bottom bolt release, the action screw is under the bolt release button (I think).

JakeBrake
09-29-2017, 09:13 PM
Ahhhh....

I'll check after work thanks.
This gun has shot so well up till now I haven't dared touch anything.