PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: 93R 17 BTVS firing 1 round out of 5

Chas R
09-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Hi All,
My gun is about 2 months old and it started having failure to fire's. It appears to be striking the case in the right spot maybe just not hard enough. Is this a common problem? If so is there a fix for it. I hate to have to go through the trouble of sending the gun back to Savage.

Thanks,
Chas

sharpshooter
09-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Try some different ammo.

Chas R
09-11-2010, 12:07 PM
Tried all kinds CCI, Winchester, Federal and Hornady. Same results.

6brm
09-18-2010, 04:45 PM
I have the 93R17BTVS, have shot all makes of ammo with no misfires. I wish I could say the same for my tricked-out Ruger 10/22 and my NEF/H&R 45.70. I went to softer primers on the H&R and the problem improved. For the money involved (this is the Ultra Hunter SS Laminated Thumbhole Stock version), I should not have had this problem. I need to send it back to H&R. It is very accurate though the trigger could be lightened.

dirtfarmer
10-10-2010, 09:32 PM
I've got one that does the same thing. Mine shoots 3 out of 5 most of the time. When it does shoot, it's a tack driver. It's frustrating as all get out when it just goes click. I've cleaned the bolt with carb cleaner and compressed air and it seems to help a little but it still ftf too often. Best of luck getting it running.

Golfbuddy45
10-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Have you looked at the hammer strike point closely - a good magnifying glass would help - to see if the impact is lighter (not as heavy an impression) on the FTFs? Did the same cartridge fire if you reloaded it a second time? If it had been sitting a while at the gun shop from Savage or the distributor the factory lubes possibly got dried out or sticky. You might try taking the bolt out and fluch it out good then apply the very lightest amount of high quality gun oil and then wipe it all off before shooting.