PDA

View Full Version : BDC Range/Subtention Calc

FreqRideR
09-27-2017, 01:39 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c59hbi2mf6m00o0/BDC%20S

I have created a BDC Range/Subtention Calculator in Excel which lets you calculate the various subtentions at different magnifications and use those subtentions to determine range estimations. It's the tool Nikon forgot to add to their SpotOn app. I run Excel on my smartphone and perform calculations in the field! Now you too can use your BDC reticle to range-find accurately. Enjoy!

DrThunder88
09-28-2017, 12:29 AM
It's an empty spreadsheet. Good idea though! Back when I was shooting a Redfield Battlezone, I did an MOA-based rangefinding table in Excel. Then I built a paper slide rule based on the formula after my attempt to build a nomogram out of it failed. Anyway, I switched to mils and meters and everything is easier to work out in my head or on paper. I also use the app "Easy MOA & Mil Calculator" when I need to check my own math.

My least effective Excel project was trying to use the Redfield Accu-range reticle and the power selector ring to calculate range.

FreqRideR
09-28-2017, 02:58 AM
I updated the link to my dropbox. Let me know if it works now. I didn't realize timyupload made you sign up to d/l files. Hope this works better.