PDA

View Full Version : Model 25: Model 25 .17 hornet

AR15RDY
09-22-2017, 09:22 PM
Looking for recommendations to replace stock accutrigger on my Model 25 17 hornet!? Took my new model 25 out to the range today and the trigger got stuck numerous times. I was constantly having to reset it. So with the trigger constantly sticking, the flimsy stock, and the very stiff Bolt this purchase is becoming to feel more and more like a p.i.a and regret!! I dont even think my accutrigger is adjustable since no tool came in the box and it doesn't appear like there a hole all the way through both tension springs where the adjustment would take place. It's unfortunate because I can see the accuracy potential. So if I could at least replace the trigger I can deal with the stiff bolt but not being able to shoot at running bobcat etc because of the crap accutrigger is not acceptable.

J.Baker
09-24-2017, 09:13 AM
If that's happening you either have it set to light or you're putting sideways pressure on the trigger when pulling. Adjustment requires removing the stock just like on the centerfires. If you didn't get a tool, call Savage and they will send you one.

In any event you're stuck with the AccuTrigger as I don't know of any aftermarket replacement trigger options for the Model 25's.

AR15RDY
09-24-2017, 10:23 AM
Rifle basix suggested their sav-rat as a replacement trigger for the model 25. I'll try contacting savage for adjustment tool.

63Birdman
09-27-2017, 10:43 PM
I also bought a savage 25 a couple of months ago. I adjusted the accutrigger to a pound and a half and it caused some trigger jams. On investigation the adjusting spring was way out and was touching the stock which caused the jam. Remove the stock and see if you still have the problem. I drilled a small hold probably 0.050 deep to allow some clearance for the adjusting spring. It worked just fine with no more trigger jams. I really like the rifle. It has the thumb hole stock, and shoots well. Initially I had a little problem with the magazines but have that solved now. I have six magazines and they all work fine.

AR15RDY
09-27-2017, 11:11 PM
I also bought a savage 25 a couple of months ago. I adjusted the accutrigger to a pound and a half and it caused some trigger jams. On investigation the adjusting spring was way out and was touching the stock which caused the jam. Remove the stock and see if you still have the problem. I drilled a small hold probably 0.050 deep to allow some clearance for the adjusting spring. It worked just fine with no more trigger jams. I really like the rifle. It has the thumb hole stock, and shoots well. Initially I had a little problem with the magazines but have that solved now. I have six magazines and they all work fine.

What caliber is your rifle? My .17 also doesn't feed very good. Shot a coyote this weekend and I fought with the rounds to load correctly and I even had a misfire. I just purchased a new trigger for it from rifle basix

63Birdman
09-28-2017, 04:15 PM
I would advise to work with the accutrigger. I think it works fine and can be adjusted nicely to your liking. Mine is a 223. I had a little trouble with the mags feeding but had Savage replace them and now they work fine. I have six mags and the last time at the range I fed them all a couple of times with no jams or problems. I also have a single feed sled that inserts into the top of the mag for single feed.