PDA

View Full Version : 12 FV bolt dragging on mag lips

HuntAK
09-22-2017, 07:09 PM
I have a Savage model 12FV in 22-250 and the bolt rubs/drags on the magazine lips when the bolt is moved forward and backwards. It is not terrible but just annoying.
Does anyone have tips on the best method to fix this?
my concerns are:
1) if I bend the lips so that they don’t rub then I could change the way it feeds
2) if I file some metal off to provide clearance .......I will be making an irreversible change.

So so what have you guys done to fix this problem.
Thanks in advance.

foxx
09-22-2017, 11:16 PM
Dont file anything. They will become razor sharp and slice your fingers.

It is not uncommon. You can try opening the lips a bit. That will lower them a tad and might still hold cartrdges. Can always tighten again. Can try lowering mag deeper into stock, but its tricky and can be aggravating. Can also raise action a tiny bit by bedding it. If you arent comfortable with these ideas, you gotta live with it.

celltech
09-23-2017, 02:32 PM
It can be tricky to get the magazine to sit just perfectly in there. I would like to remove the "L" tab in the back and just put some epoxy putty in the corners but found out you just can't push it all the way down...it actually needs to sit off the bottom a bit. Try taking it out and reseating it, you can make it fit right.