PDA

View Full Version : 308

Wolf
09-20-2017, 05:48 PM
Good afternoon read a lot about Firearms here on the Savage forum. I own a 308 and it shoots about inch and a half of 200 yards with Federal gray box 150s I want to buy a new Woodstock don't like the one that came with it it's alright. I really don't want to mess up a good thing if I got a stock from Boyd's the thumb hole one. Do you think of a foot the betting blocks and glass bet it will shoot the same or worse thank you

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Wolf
09-20-2017, 05:50 PM
Sorry I'm doing talk-to-text if I put bedding blocks and fiberglass in the stock where did shoot worse same or better or do I just have to try and find out

J.Baker
09-20-2017, 06:57 PM
I don't think you would hurt anything changing to a Boyds stock. Worst case scenario is you put the original stock back on to get back to where you were if the accuracy took a turn for the worse. Assuming you have the factory synthetic stock I would be inclined to say you'll almost assuredly see better accuracy just by eliminating the flex in the stock by going to the Boyds.

Wolf
09-20-2017, 07:00 PM
Thanks buddy

RC20
09-21-2017, 05:38 PM
I have a Boyds Lightweight hunter Thumbhole on one gun and a Boyd's Target (praire varmient?) on another.

The fit was so good I have not done any bedding on either one.

Both will shoot sub 1/2 MOA