PDA

View Full Version : Savage model 10

dwayne.james.10
09-16-2017, 11:38 PM
Thinking of purchasing a new Savage 308. Looking at these two models
10 FCP- SR or the 10FCP HS Precision. Mostly hunting and range time. I will be running a suppressor. I am aware one is threaded and the other is not. Not a big deal breaker. I need recommendations and why. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkker
09-17-2017, 12:24 PM
Thinking of purchasing a new Savage 308. Looking at these two models
10 FCP- SR or the 10FCP HS Precision. Mostly hunting and range time. I will be running a suppressor. I am aware one is threaded and the other is not. Not a big deal breaker. I need recommendations and why. Thanks So you know the differences, which is more desireable to you? The actions are the same, simply differ by "options", beyond that there is no other care or special steps used in either. So what options you like is the only thing that matters, no other reason to choose or not choose.

RP12
09-17-2017, 12:58 PM
Depends if down the road you would want it threaded. It's easier for you to change out a stock than to thread the barrel.

dwayne.james.10
09-17-2017, 01:31 PM
So you know the differences, which is more desireable to you? The actions are the same, simply differ by "options", beyond that there is no other care or special steps used in either. So what options you like is the only thing that matters, no other reason to choose or not choose.

Thanks

dwayne.james.10
09-17-2017, 01:32 PM
Depends if down the road you would want it threaded. It's easier for you to change out a stock than to thread the barrel.

True good point. Are the magazines the same? I know some can be finicky

dwayne.james.10
09-17-2017, 01:33 PM
Are the magazines the same? I am aware that some has finicky magazines

Robinhood
09-18-2017, 10:26 PM
10FCP HS Precision - 9lb's, ........ 10 FCP- SR - 9lb's . ........... Some people like a lighter gun for hunting.