PDA

View Full Version : 11 lightweight hunter bottom metal

adam38654
09-16-2017, 04:40 PM
I have a savage 308 model 11 lightweight hunter and was wondering how much steel bottom metal and trigger guard would cost. I would like to pillar and bed the stock but the flimsy plastic bottom hardware won't give me even toque .I was under the impression this is an axis style bottom metal. Do they even make a bottom bolt release steel trigger guard?

jpdown
09-16-2017, 07:46 PM
I have converted all my Savage LWH rifles from plastic to metal bottom parts because the plastic parts are junk. You will need to contact Savage Arms Parts with your rifle SN and order a metal BBR TG ($26), SA, DBM frame assembly (surround) ($78) and DBM bottom cap ($20). Cost is around $130.00 with shipping for the three parts. You current magazine box and follower will snap onto the bottom metal cap. Since you are a paid member, also check/watch the classified section on this site for these parts as they are sometimes listed for sale by members.

adam38654
09-16-2017, 08:12 PM
By DBM cap are you referring to the bottom of the magazine? Will the plastic one not work with the metal frame assembly? $130 and I could nearly afford a CDI DMB kit. But would i order one for the 10 or Axis?

jpdown
09-16-2017, 10:19 PM
The latch system is different for the Savage metal bottom parts. Your Axis-style plastic DBM magazine bottom cap will not work with the metal DBM frame assembly. You would need the model 10 CDI DBM kit if you go that route.