PDA

View Full Version : Who makes left hand left bolt stocks?

shot1
09-09-2010, 08:06 AM
I have a buddy that is looking for a left hand left bolt replacement stock. He has a short action left hand left bolt rifle that has the factory flimsy plastic stock and wants something a little better. All I can find in left hand stocks are made for right bolt guns.

tinkerer
09-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Choate I know has them in the ultimate sniper and varmint configs. Make sure you're looking at the right bolt spacing, 4.25 vs 4.4. I belive our sponsors also make them in laminates. Check Stockys.

Larry
Tinkerer

Fjold
09-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Stocky stocks, Boyd's ( I think), Sharp Shooter Supply, Choate, MPI.

geargrinder
09-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Stockade is the best place for left hand stocks.

Or, you can modify any right hand stock pretty easy. Just cut a new slot and fill in the old one.

ofdscooby
09-09-2010, 08:31 PM
I know alot of guys on here dig the tactical stuff and have turned me on to lefty stocks that are for that purpose but I like to hunt and have found that the stockade stoks seem to fit the bill. Alot of people have also suggested to get a right handed stock and have a left handed notch cut into it and then fill the other notch. There are alot of leftys that have done it themselves on here and I'm sure they will throw up a few pics for you.

psharon97
09-09-2010, 11:16 PM
My next build will be include a stock from SSS. It will take a while before you get the stock but the work is worth the wait.

shot1
09-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Thanks everybody. I sent him to Stockys and I think he found what he was looking for.