PDA

View Full Version : Model 12 FV Problem With Accutrigger

hardnosestreetcop
09-07-2017, 01:50 PM
I bought this 12 FV many years ago and i have sent hundreds of factory and handloads of 223 Remington down range over the years. But here lately it's started to act strange, if I cycle the Bolt to fast the Accutrigger locks up as if was on safe, even though the safe is off. Now if I cycle the bolt real slow the trigger doesn't lock up. Anyone else have this problem ?

SageRat Shooter
09-07-2017, 02:08 PM
I've had my accutrigger lock up if there was a lateral force applied to it.... Never had it do what yours is doing... (however, I don't have as many rounds on mine either)... maybe the years of use have worn out some of the component??

RP12
09-07-2017, 02:50 PM
Sounds like your tripping the sear and the safety blade is working as designed. Maybe try cleaning the trigger group it might have grit in it. Also you may have to add more pull weight to it.

RC20
09-07-2017, 03:08 PM
Make sure there is nothing in the rear of the stock that is interfering with the trigger mechanism.

Not a given but I had that happen. Cause a lot of grief and head scratching .

I think I finally pulled the trigger guard off and I could see it.

hardnosestreetcop
09-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Thank you all very much for sharing your thoughts and input to my problem :)

Mozella
09-10-2017, 05:46 PM
I've had this problem when I tried to set the trigger too light. Adding a little trigger pull adjustment solved the problem.

holescreek
09-11-2017, 09:48 AM
Mine's done that occasionally since the day I bought it. Lifting the cocking handle and pushing it back down resets it.