PDA

View Full Version : Can SSS Single Shot Ramp be Modified to Fit Stagger Feed?

jpdown
09-07-2010, 09:12 PM
I have an older SA stagger feed with attached magazine and follower. I want to convert to a single shot. But, I don't want to use a Hi-Score single shot ramp. Is it possible to modify the SSS Single Shot Ramp for center feed actions so that it can be used in a stagger feed action? How difficult is it? Thanks for your input.

trappst
09-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Why don't you want to use the high score? They work perfectly......

sharpshooter
09-07-2010, 10:47 PM
I've done some that way. It needs to be shortened on the rear end about 1/4" and some file work on the sides towards the front end. Just keep whittlin" till it fits.

82boy
09-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Is it possible to modify the SSS Single Shot Ramp for center feed actions so that it can be used in a stagger feed action? How difficult is it? Thanks for your input.

Yup both of my stagard feeds are done this way. Both have the magazine box removed, One is glued in and the other is held in place with a piece of band saw blade fitted into the groves that held the magazine in place. All you have to do is fit it into place.

jpdown
09-08-2010, 12:51 AM
Thanks all. I like the nice finished fit of the SSS single shot ramp in my center feed action versus the Hi-Score.

bpratl
09-09-2010, 06:09 AM
Is it possible to modify the SSS Single Shot Ramp for center feed actions so that it can be used in a stagger feed action? How difficult is it? Thanks for your input.

Yup both of my stagard feeds are done this way. Both have the magazine box removed, One is glued in and the other is held in place with a piece of band saw blade fitted into the groves that held the magazine in place. All you have to do is fit it into place.

I did the same thing with a piece of hacksaw blade...works well.

rchouser
09-09-2010, 11:33 AM
I am still waiting for the SSS Single Shot Ramp I ordered on 6 Aug. The good things always take some waiting for. :D rc