PDA

View Full Version : 111 la conversion

tx_savage
09-04-2017, 10:46 AM
I was referred to this site for my savage questions.

I have a 111 la in 270 that Im wondering whats involved in cambering to a sa cartridge, if its even possible.
Id like to keep the stock also, it has the old indian chief.

Ted_Feasel
09-04-2017, 11:13 AM
I was referred to this site for my savage questions.

I have a 111 la in 270 that Im wondering whats involved in cambering to a sa cartridge, if its even possible.
Id like to keep the stock also, it has the old indian chief.I don't think you can change short action to long action or vica versa... I could be wrong though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

wbm
09-04-2017, 11:27 AM
Are you wanting to know if you can put a short action barrel, (308, 243, etc.) on a long action receiver? If so, then yes you can.

Ted_Feasel
09-04-2017, 11:34 AM
Are you wanting to know if you can put a short action barrel, (308, 243, etc.) on a long action receiver? If so, then yes you can.Yeah you can change out the barrels but I was interpreting his question to be could you take a LA and convert it by swapping out some parts of vica versa.. maybe I didn't u understand the question :)

Ted_Feasel
09-04-2017, 11:36 AM
Yeah you can change out the barrels but I was interpreting his question to be could you take a LA and convert it by swapping out some parts of vica versa.. maybe I didn't u understand the question :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using TapatalkAs in you can't take the bolt from a la and use it in a sa

geargrinder
09-04-2017, 12:27 PM
Yes, you can.

All you need is the appropriate barrel and bolt head.

Feeding from the magazine may work or not depending on what round you want to shoot out of it.

I only use long actions for all of my builds. I have one that is currently a 223 repeater, but the action started it's life as a 7mm Magnum.

If you give some more specifics, we can give you some specific information.