PDA

View Full Version : Stock fit. Barrel Channel

Bigbuckdn
09-02-2017, 08:08 PM
Looking at different synthetic stocks most seem to have same problem anything I can find to fit 4.4 center feed with DM
are all for varmit weight or heavy barrels
I really like the Bell an Carlson M40 but same problem
I was wondering if I went with a #2 barrel instead of a #1 how bad would it sit in the over size channel
it would eliminate bedding anything but the lug
this rifle is being built to be a light weight under 8lbs scoped really would like to come in at 7

Bigbuckdn
09-03-2017, 06:22 PM
Can't believe no one has any opinion on rather this would work or it would look really bad

foxx
09-03-2017, 06:47 PM
I have a few heavy sporter barrels in stocks opened up for heavy barrels. I think they look fine. But then again, I tend to open my barrel channels up more than most people and favor function over looks in most cases.

Bigbuckdn
09-03-2017, 07:17 PM
x
I have a few heavy sporter barrels in stocks opened up for heavy barrels. I think they look fine. But then again, I tend to open my barrel channels up more than most people and favor function over looks in most cases.
Yea I open mine up as well
CBI has a light varmit that is same weight as heavy sporter at 3.5 lbs for 24 inch I am planning 22 inch
it's a 1 lb gain over Sporter Have so see what the weight diff is from the B&c or the Boyd's

KTP
09-21-2017, 09:40 AM
Bigbuck
The CBI weights on the contour chart are not correct for Savage. They are working to correct but a light varmint will weigh 4# and the heavy sporter 3.5#. I have both.

J.Baker
09-21-2017, 07:38 PM
Congratulation's! You've stumbled across the same conundrum that I have pertaining to building a lightweight Savage with a decent synthetic stock for hunting. McMillan won't build anything with their Edge fill for a Savage. Manners won't build a MCS-EH8 for a Savage. Manners will build you a MCS-SL, but only in right-hand (I'm a lefty) and only for a 4.40" short-action and only with their BDL Mini-Chassis that adds weight. :rant:

As much as I hate to say it, a factory AccuStock is probably going to be the best you'll find in a lightweight synthetic for a Savage at this time and they're really not considered a LW stock.

Bigbuckdn
09-21-2017, 09:48 PM
Bigbuck
The CBI weights on the contour chart are not correct for Savage. They are working to correct but a light varmint will weigh 4# and the heavy sporter 3.5#. I have both.
Thanks actually changed my order to a shelin heavy sport

Bigbuckdn
09-21-2017, 09:49 PM
Congratulation's! You've stumbled across the same conundrum that I have pertaining to building a lightweight Savage with a decent synthetic stock for hunting. McMillan won't build anything with their Edge fill for a Savage. Manners won't build a MCS-EH8 for a Savage. Manners will build you a MCS-SL, but only in right-hand (I'm a lefty) and only for a 4.40" short-action and only with their BDL Mini-Chassis that adds weight. :rant:

As much as I hate to say it, a factory AccuStock is probably going to be the best you'll find in a lightweight synthetic for a Savage at this time and they're really not considered a LW stock.

yea prob just go with a Boyd's feather weight I have 3 of them and I like them