PDA

View Full Version : My new Savage 10T from Cabela's.

ZukeDog
08-29-2017, 09:28 PM
I took my new model 10T to the range today and had a problem right out of the gate. It would not feed the the first round from a full magazine. The round seemed to pop out of the magazine before it reached the chamber and jammed. After pulling the bolt back it just bobbled around on top of the mag. So I plucked it out and chambered the second round fine. #3 would not chamber. #4 was fine. This went on repeatedly. One round in the magazine chambered fine. Also it would not always eject the case after a single feed.

I was shooting 55gr Remington ball. Any thoughts? Do you think this one has to go back to Savage?

bearcatrp
08-29-2017, 11:03 PM
No, just don't load the mag full. Mine did the same thing. Once you break it in, then try again. I purchased a 10 round mag from savage but can load only 9. My 10T in now in a cadex chassis and use AICS mags and load max capacity.

RustyShackle
08-29-2017, 11:11 PM
Sorry to hear your woes. It's most likely a magazine issue, the feed lips on the mag might need tweaked slightly. The failure to eject is most likely ejector/extractor issues. I had a model 11 with extraction problems recently. Called savage and they sent new parts. I decided I would just upgrade and ordered the sss kit. I would highly recommend it!