PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Weaver scope types

CDSUSMC
08-29-2017, 12:19 PM
Hi all, looking for any and all information on the letter designations on the old Weaver 3/4 inch scopes. I would like to use them on my Savage model 23s, that being a 23A, 23B, 23C and a 23D. I have seen for sale models G, B, C, R, and J types. Anyone know the differences in each? I have a few of the K one inch to use also, but they are fairly straightforward. It's the 3/4 inch guys that I need a better understanding of. I also have a good selection of N type Weaver scope mounts, say a dozen or so 1 thru 5s. What types are best for what rifle? Thanks in advance for your time and consideration and any effort on your part.
Chris

yobuck
08-29-2017, 05:21 PM
Well even the K models date back to the early 50s. My father had a couple of the KV models which were a very early variable, which went from as I recall 2.5 to 5 power. He used them on 06 rifles and they performed well. My first scope was a K 2.5 Weaver, mounted on an early 760 Rem pump.
I started hunting in 1947 and it would be very rare to see a scoped rifle at that time in PA.