PDA

View Full Version : Savage Parts Site ?

Monkeymaster
08-27-2017, 08:58 AM
Hello,
I was just on the Savage web site to look at ordering a few items , magazines, ect, and I can not find a link to their parts ?
Last spring I was on the same site and they had a link.
Anyone knows what gives, or do I really need to get glasses ?
Thanks

BillPa
08-27-2017, 09:19 AM
https://store.savagearms.com/partfinder/
Its been down for maintenance for at least a month or more so you'll have to call service to order parts.

Bill

J.Baker
08-27-2017, 02:29 PM
Actually it's been down 8-9 months now. At this point I have a feeling Savage isn't going to bring it back, or if they do it's going to be much smaller in scale with just basic parts (magazines and such).

Hotolds442
08-27-2017, 03:32 PM
If I recall correctly, it went down during their Christmas break, and never came back up.

strut64
08-27-2017, 06:00 PM
I think Savage wants to inhibit Shade Tree gunsmiths like me from customizing their guns. I have 3 actions and 6 barrels. And considering a new build for 20 vartarg. They don't make as much money if you just get a few aftermarket parts. but they started the trend with their flaxible design.

Deadshot2
08-27-2017, 06:57 PM
I think Savage wants to inhibit Shade Tree gunsmiths like me from customizing their guns. I have 3 actions and 6 barrels. And considering a new build for 20 vartarg. They don't make as much money if you just get a few aftermarket parts. but they started the trend with their flaxible design.

A lot of manufacturers will not sell to the retail public. They choose instead to sell to either their registered distributor/dealer network or to "authorized" service outlets. I worked for a manufacturer that had that policy. They didn't want the hassle of a "Retail Store". Was more efficient for them to fill large orders to the chosen channel than a piece here and a piece there to hundreds of customers.

It also shows some loyalty to those who signed on as retail outlets.

Texas10
08-27-2017, 11:07 PM
I have no trouble getting parts, just have to talk to a Customer Service person. Yes, sometimes there's a wait....but overall, not a bad way to do business, IMOP.

I suspect the change is motivated by a desire to make sure we get the right part the first time. Fewer returns means more profit.