PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding the right bases for my Savage LRP

cz223
08-25-2017, 03:41 AM
I just bought a Savage LRP in 6.5 creedmoore and I bought what I thought was the right 20 MOA base. Wrong! I am not set on any specific brand. I just want a a 20 MOA base that will get me going now. To be specific I want a picatinny style, one piece base. I am extremely frustrated right now I wanted to shoot this rifle in an F-class match this weekend. Please help.

Swissfan
08-25-2017, 08:33 AM
What was wrong about the base you have? Should use the Savage short action rail w/20MOA for round back/accutrigger. All of mine or 0 MOA, but I have a couple of EGW, a Nightforce and a Weaver, all work well for me.

Steelhead
08-25-2017, 09:35 AM
I use an EGW 20 moa rail on my savage.

Robinhood
08-25-2017, 01:04 PM
Some bases come with a recoil lug on the bottom that rests against the edge of the ejection port. These work fine for the standard Savage receiver with the wide open ejection port. The LRP has a small port that is indexed more to the side and will not accept a base with that provision. You will need one with a bottom that has nothing that will keep the base from sitting down on the continuous radius on the top of your action. You can modify yours carefully with a file or Dremel. Purchase one of the many that will fit your action. Ken Farrel, Weaver Tactical, EGW etc... . You might want to consider you scope and your check piece when determining what is acceptable.

rob67gmc
08-30-2017, 02:56 PM
I used an EGW on my Savage LRP. I also picked up a Warne from the local Cabela's to use while the EGW was on order. Both worked fine. The Warne is a little shorter than the EGW.

MacLaren
08-30-2017, 10:08 PM
I like the egw 20 moa rail.