PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eagle magazines

sigfla
08-24-2017, 12:43 AM
Just received my magazines. Shipping and communication were extremely prompt. Nice to see that these days. Very happy with the magazines and the extended release. For those who don't want to drop the coin on new metal to run AI magazines these will do just fine. Savage did us no favors moving away from AI mags. These will do just fine until I decide to spend some more money just to use the AI's and have a bit more universal compatibility.

Rondogg
09-07-2017, 03:55 PM
Just received my magazines. Shipping and communication were extremely prompt. Nice to see that these days. Very happy with the magazines and the extended release. For those who don't want to drop the coin on new metal to run AI magazines these will do just fine. Savage did us no favors moving away from AI mags. These will do just fine until I decide to spend some more money just to use the AI's and have a bit more universal compatibility.

I had the Savage LRP in 6.5. Also bought the Dark Eagle 10 round mag. Great guy, no problems with answering questions or calls. Said I could send back to him. But also questioned my ability of loading the mag, and said he had never had a problem, but then was told to smack it against my hand to make sure the rounds were all the way down, and to tap on my hand to make sure rounds were all the way back. Then was told to adjust the feed lips. All of this time and $$ and still would pop the 10th round out when mag inserted and sometimes had problems with the 9th round. Maybe an error on my part, maybe a bad mag. What a sight I was at a timed shoot, beating my mag so it would hold 10 rounds. Never did hold them. Sold the rifle and threw the mag in the trash.