PDA

View Full Version : What next? My new Savage FCLP-10

azleftie
08-13-2017, 04:12 PM
I'm new to this forum and owning a Savage rifle. I bought a model 10 FLCP-SR in .308 in July. No problems with the first two boxes of shells, except 2 primers popped out the factory Fiocci ammo. I sent the ammo and empties back to them upon their request, since it did not happen with another brand.

Yesterday, the magazine started falling off after almost every shot! What is that all about? And the answer is to spend $200 for an Accurate Magazine system.

Today I noticed that the scope rail is loose, after 80 rounds!

I realize that this is not a really expensive rifle, but these things should not happen to a new rifle.

Anyone have similar issues, and what's the inexpensive fix for the magazine falling out

big honkin jeep
08-14-2017, 03:40 PM
Try loading and shooting with 9 in the mag instead of 10. The mag may not be seated fully. Make sure it is seated fully and you might even try inserting the mag with the bolt back and out of the way to ensure that it does.

As far as the scope rail, They usually come packaged individually inside the box on a brand new rifle, and I suspect it was probably installed by the store where you bought it. Probably just needs to be installed and tightened correctly.

azleftie
08-14-2017, 04:57 PM
I bedded the scope mount, and am in the process of bedding the recoil block. When it is set up, I will attack the magazine issue. Maybe I had too much torque on the action screws.

eyeman
08-19-2017, 10:09 PM
i have the same rifle also left handed. sold the magazine and bottom metal. bought after market from Accurate-Mag as well as their magazines..It is a drop in fit and it works extremely well plus it looks great...Sold the bottom metal and mag so not too much difference in cost.