PDA

View Full Version : Accustock replacement?

ZacknWesDad
08-13-2017, 09:10 AM
Hello all.

I'm sure this topic has been covered numerous times but it may get more customized to me. I am savage through and through. I have designated a Model 10T to arrange as primarily long range fun. For a novice with a little ability, does one need to replace the Accustock for performance? I don't mind the looks of it even though laminated thumbholes are sexy.

Thanks in advance.

celltech
08-13-2017, 11:54 AM
You will never know until you take it out and start shooting. I think the Accustock has the potential to be a very good shooter provided the action screws are tightened and torqued *properly*. There is a very specific order to it... Then it just boils down to you loving and accepting to a tupperware stock.

azleftie
08-13-2017, 05:49 PM
I just bought a 10 FLCP-SR and did not like the Accustock. The pad was too mushy and the stock felt hollow, plus the comb was too low for me.
I picked up a Boyd Varmint stock from their sale section for $94.00 shipped. I put the Accustock on Ebay, and it's up to $104, with three days to go.

smokinjoe
08-15-2017, 08:37 AM
really like my accustock on my model 16 LWH shoots great 3 shot groups, sporter barrel heats up quick.

big honkin jeep
08-15-2017, 05:02 PM
Nope one does not "need" to replace anything for performance.
The key to accuracy in most any modern centerfire rifle is finding the right load.