PDA

View Full Version : Left handed Shooter From AZ

azleftie
08-12-2017, 07:43 PM
I recently bought a Savage 10 FCLP-SR in .308. This is my first bolt gun in many years. Since we have a 300 yard range in town and 2 million acres of empty land around us, I thought I would try some long distance shooting.

My main sport is skeet, but I shoot pistol and an AR every week. I purchased the Savage after meeting one of their Sponsored shooters (the gentleman on the far right, page 51 of the 2017 catalog) at this year's SHOT Show. I run a booth at SHOT for one of the companies we distribute for, so it's rare for me to get out and see the show. Being a lefty, I'm limited to only a handful of rifle companies, and Savage seemed like it had the right product and price point.

I received the rifle in early July, bought a scope and put a muzzle brake on it. Hated the stock, so I purchased a Boyd Varmint stock. Sold the Accutstock for more then I paid for the Boyd!

As much as I like the rifle, I hate the magazine. My first forty rounds, it was just difficult to get it to seat, with either stock. Today, it started to fall out after taking a shot. That's how I found this web site.
I've seen posts going back years about folks complaining about this problem. Plus the mag does not hold 10 rounds, only 9.

I really don't want to spend $170 for a Accurate Magazine system, so does anyone have a solution to this problem?

I've been reloading pistol and shotgun since the 1970's, and now I'm going to start reloading .308. I'll be looking for helpful information here.

drybean
08-12-2017, 11:18 PM
Normal for them to hold only 9 rds I can not answer your other ?
Welcome aboard

ttexastom
08-13-2017, 12:29 AM
Welcome aboard from northeast georgia

Hotolds442
08-14-2017, 09:23 AM
Welcome!

ragsflh
08-14-2017, 11:37 PM
howdy,i like to load 1 at a time.brass dont get all marked up for loading