PDA

View Full Version : 10BA Stealth: 34mm tube 56mm obj? what scope rings for LOWEST BORE AXIS?!?!??!?!

TheYoungConnoisseur
08-10-2017, 07:33 PM
Chaps/gents/mates/bros/sir's........

This crazy guy has just picked up a 6.5c that he's gonna do some PRECISION/TAC work with and top two optics I'm buying are both 34mm tubes with 56mm obj. I want that scope obj to be a gnats eyelash off the barrel, yes i know all about harmonics, I am running the stock 0moa rail, no need for having a floating bubble and poopy angled relief when dialed back to a 200zero vs floating 30min thru the optic.... its got all the elevation and then some for beyond where id run a 6.5 (considering I run a 338LM ELR setup...)

So guy, what have you? Lowest pro no budget, if your running a 34mil tube and a 50obj I would presume that whatever your gap is -3mm would equate for a baseline on 0moa mount and honestly 20min rail at the mount can't be more more than basically nothing.

Thanks again, will spumy tons of pics vids, loading, tips tricks you name it, just don't want to play the put 1500$ on order and return the 5 that don't work game like I've done in the past.......

J.Baker
08-10-2017, 08:42 PM
Math is your friend, and no - I won't do your homework for you.

http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?51-Scope-Mounts-Getting-It-Right-The-First-Time

TheYoungConnoisseur
08-10-2017, 09:17 PM
don't have rifle for next week.
plus there is no math for rings, if you think there is, your just not experienced enough to know there actually is no standard at all

you'd think id get less bullshit right out the gate giving non noob indicators, admin or not.

J.Baker
08-10-2017, 09:49 PM
Math is right there in the link I gave you. Whether you choose to get off your butt and use it or not is totally up to you. It's not B.S., it's exactly how you figure out what height rings you need. Not my fault if you're to full of yourself to get that.

TheYoungConnoisseur
08-10-2017, 10:01 PM
Math is right there in the link I gave you. Whether you choose to get off your butt and use it or not is totally up to you. It's not B.S., it's exactly how you figure out what height rings you need. Not my fault if you're to full of yourself to get that.

Listen Mr furious, there is NO golden standard for how vortex to nf to kf to anyone where the measure is the problem. there is NO WAY to theoretically calculate then assemble and come out as calculated. one measures from bottom of rail gap one from center to rail gap high, gap low, total length, and some are just completely who's guess.

If it were that simple, especially in the 34mm world I wouldn't take 30+ min of my precious time to search, come up with nothing on here since this and google images doesn't show anyone with a good optic on this cheap rifle so.... I have to ask the guys who are like me more private and don't post everything everywhere all the time always.

Besides, even if there was a standardization for points, I don't have the length to dip ratio of the top of barrel relative to the rail. regardless, simple or complicated math will not help in this case.

J.Baker
08-10-2017, 10:36 PM
I never said it was easy. You're going to have to do a little research, visit the manufacturers websites and look at their specs and see where they measure from, etc. Simply put, you have to use the computer between your ears a little.

Right from Vortex's website - says they measure to center of ring (click to enlarge).

Going to the NF website and looking at their rings, they don't specify but a quick comparison of their ring heights to those of the Vortex ring heights shows they are measuring to the center of the ring as well.

Ditto for Ken Farrell - they measure to center if the ring as well.

Every manufacturer I have every talked to measures their rings from the top of the rail (flat surface) to either the centerline of the ring or the bottom of the saddle and they specify which right on their website. Of the three specific manufacturers you listed they are all measured exactly the same. If there's question as to where they are measuring from, a quick call or email to the manufacturer will tell you exactly where their rings are measured from so you will know but in my experience most measure from the top flat of the rail.

To get as tight a fit as you're wanting you really can't get there without having the rifle, base and scope on hand to get measurements from. I know, you want to have everything there and ready when the gun shows up to minimize down time, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and be patient.

You don't specify what brand/type of rings you're looking at, what brand/model the scope is, what brand/model the base is - you basically gave us nothing specific that we can actually use to make an educated recommendation. The O/D of an objective can vary greatly. It's also just as easy for you to go to the manufacturers website and look up the spec's to make an educated guess as it is for us to do. That's where my "do your own homework" comment stemmed from. We would still have to do the math the same as you will once we got specific specs.

Zero333
08-11-2017, 09:04 AM
1.1" ring height is the common height that will get you close to the barrel with a 56mm objective.

You want the best ???

Spuhr mount # SP-4011 has 0 moa 34mm, and is 1.1" high (from top of rail to middle of ring)

Or...

Spuhr rings... # SR-4000... 0 moa 34mm and 1.0" high.

Spuhr also makes their mounts with 3 mil (10.3moa), 6 mil (20.6moa), 9 mil (30/31 moa) and 13 mil (44.4moa) elevation cant.

Robinhood
08-11-2017, 09:47 AM
It is a series of circles. The action, the barrel and the scope tube and objective diameters. If you have some calipers, a piece of paper and a calculator, do your homework on the diameters that are not given. Action is 1.35, scope tube is 1.34(34mm), Barrel is .XX, Objective O.D. is X.XX, Mount height is .XX .............Ring height(to the bottom of the circumference add the radius of the tube yada yada yada. Caveman and all that.......)

TheYoungConnoisseur
08-11-2017, 10:33 PM
Alright, I swear I'm not a retard, KF and NF must have just changed that info in the past yr or so since I put together my last rifle.

KF still has the lowest at 18.6mm of actual centerline lift. problem is they still only do 30mm no 34. I have their 21mm on my 338lm and ultimately the 18.6 would be ideal. assuming this barrel to rail drop of approx 11-13mm on this 10ba stealth 6.5c then w the 56mm 20mm height would be ideal. haven't seen a single thing regardless of spending the last 5hrs on this for a 34mm.

I DO appreciate the responses and your work there admin.

Deadshot2
08-12-2017, 12:03 PM
As I understand the Stealth BA comes with an EGW rail which is 8mm thick. My NF Beast with 34mm Tube and 56MM objective measures 65mm at it's largest diameter. If your rings are measured from base to Centerline of Tube you will achieve your goal with rings measuing .92"

I used Seekins "Low" rings to mount my scope on a standard length rail and only had enough room at the objective bell to accommodate a Tenebraex Scope cap which is about as thin as they get. The Seekins rings measure to centerline.

If you are mounting one of the top two scopes, I'd sure consider the Seekin's Rings. Super solid and not frigging cross bolt with nut for gear to get snagged on. One of the strongest and cleanest set of rings available (although I like Spuhr too, but over twice the price with a much lower return on investment compared to the Seekins (also sold under the Vortex name).