PDA

View Full Version : As the World Turns...

Robinhood
08-06-2017, 11:49 AM
Haha! RC your post read like a marketing agent for LW. We already know you don't like Apache because it takes more than a month to get your custom barrel. Love it! I have to respond to cleaning being the most important characteristic. And that is an important one. I like one that shoots tiny groups for the duration of the match. Maybe 3 without a serious scrub. Therefore shooting tiny groups trumps pretty bore for me.
Shilen and Pac-Nor win that one for me. Pac Nor and Shilen are the best value with Bartlein right there with them. This is just IMHO.

In full disclosure I have never owned one but I hear the LW barrels are nice for the price.

RC20
08-08-2017, 10:53 AM
I had hopped to get the above post deleted, as thatis not happening I will explain my side, I really don't like the newworld of alternative facts.

That does not mean we can't be polite in the discourse.

Apache: They are a sponsor and they deserve our appreciation for that. So if you want to check the record as a business, google it.

Personally my emotional attachment goes to a businessthat communicates, supplies a highquality product, supplies the productwhen they said they would, does notloose orders, does not require 3rdparty to intervenes.

To be clear, my experiencewith Apaches had to do with getting two inches cut off a barrel that was alreadymade in the caliber I wanted.

That took 3 weeks of serious bird dogging it to get it done. If I had been told it would take 3 weeks I would have passed. There are plenty of quality barrels out there in what I wanted I couldhave had sooner and taken a lot less of my time. So yes I resent that.

The barrel was an X Caliber, its nothing special as far as barrelsgo. 5/8 or so accuracy. As I have two rifles (both Savage, all identicalsetups) I shoot pretty consistent sub ½ MOA (300 yard shoot got 7/16) and ¼ MOAwith, so either its picky and I have notfound the magic combo or its just a ho hum barrel.

To be clear, thebarrel was probably a rifled blank thatwas reamed and threaded to Savage Pre Fit. I certainly am not impressed with XC. The finish is the roughest of the 3 I have and it shoots the leastbest. That is not an Apache issue. My guess was it was an abandoned barrel.

I hope that is clear enough.

LW: This discussionwas about the best value barrel. Ithink I have made a persuasive argumentLW is in the Pre Fit. Note bestvalue, not cheap though it’s the bestpre fit pricing I have seen in a quality barrel.

I believe I also have bene clear that mine is not a LWSavage pre fit offering and value wise, not in the mix. That said it was a standard barrel fromLW, no extras (Shilen charges more for ahigher grade and LW has a program that does that.) Where that falls if you want a high quality barrelI make no claims for. I would like to have lower cost, but for what I wanted, it was the way to go for me (and how othersdeal with and feel about it isdifferent)

When someone does supply a product that is the highestquality, communicates, does not require bird dogging, then yes I will endorse them and do so highly.

In my case and I believe all cases, that’s what LW does.

As noted previously, I think their Pre Fits are by most definitions of the best value are the best cost/value/ benefit barrel outthere.

The discussion was not the cheapest barrel out there.

Best quality finish (major help cleaning) I haveseen (does not mean there are not better), best shooting by a firm thatcommunicated each step of the way.

This is also from a harder material that will lastlonger. 2000 rounds would be a $150value by itself (if that were to be true, I don’t know, it’s a guess)

My personal belief is that Capitalism if it works is doneon the basis of supply performance and services as advertised and should be rewarded . Poor performance and service should drop offthe map as they are out competed.

I guess by some peoples standards that’s just an outdatednotion or rhetoric.

I put my money where my talk was.

J.Baker
08-09-2017, 03:12 AM
Apparently I need to start handing out passifiers to some people on here because their skin is thinner than that of a jelly fish. One little tongue-in-cheek comment about you being a spokesperson for LW and you get your panties all in a wad. If you'd actually paid attention you might have noticed that he had actually agreed with you on most things in this thread.

RC20
08-09-2017, 12:19 PM
I have gotten tired of the little jabs in the back.

The thing about "Just Saying" as an excuse to use a shiv on someone does not go down well.

You can call it thin skinned if you want.

If you think I am out of line or have not attempted to keep clear of the issues then please suspend me for whatever time period you deem is appropriate.

I have attempted to de-escalate it by complimenting RH when he had a valid point or good info and not commenting when the jabs occurred or he was hyping a certain person.

If that does not work then I will lay out my case and clear the situation up.

As these discussions are text and there is no body language, you don't know the meaning behind the jabs.

I don't like them, I will address the other part you wrote in a PM.

J.Baker
08-09-2017, 01:39 PM
And yet again you just can't let something go and move on....

How about I just put in place a new rule that says "No one can joke with, poke fun at, or say anything that could every possibly be seen as negative to RC20?" Would you finally be happy then? Would that appease your precious little feelings?

J.Baker
08-09-2017, 01:45 PM
Split this garbage into a separate thread since it has nothing to do with the original discussion that can be found here:

http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...t-value-barrel (http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?57907-best-value-barrel)

rbp75503
08-09-2017, 03:02 PM
As the World Turns, I have spent the last couple of days going through my started threads and fixing the mess that Photobucket has created. Got through about 6 different threads replacing the photos that go along with the narrative. Don't know whether I will do anymore. So fed up with the whole mess that Photobucket created.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

rbp75503
08-09-2017, 03:03 PM
Double Tap, sorry

wbm
08-09-2017, 05:16 PM
Photobucket and Flicker both made a mess....Well on to plan B. Screw Yahoo!