PDA

View Full Version : New stock:)

Ted_Feasel
08-09-2017, 09:00 AM
Hi all:) I have a savage m11 trophy .308... looking to replace the stock but kinda having confusion filtering through what will fit it.. any suggestions from seasoned savage owners?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170809/38b3c140c9cddef5a5c4b910cce993ff.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

J.Baker
08-09-2017, 02:22 PM
The Trophy Hunter part is the Gotcha as they use the Axis style magazine to keep cost down. You basically have three options:

1. Order a Boyds that's a drop-in fit for this as-is
2. Order a S/A centerfeed 4.40" screw spacing stock with bottom bolt release andeither a DBM or blind magazine. If you go DBM you will need to purchase the bottom metal and different magazine from Savage. Blind you just pop the plastic cap off your current magazine.
3. Order a S/A centerfeed 4.40" screw spacing stock with bottom bold release and blind mag then have it inlet for aftermarket AICS-style bottom metal such as CDi's.

If it's just going to be a hunting rifle I would go the direct replacement route with Boyds as it will be the cheapest and easiest option. Just select any of the two-digit models with bottom bolt release from their menu system (i.e. 11 Bottom Bolt Release).

Currently there's nothing available in a synthetic that will work without changing the magazine type.

Ted_Feasel
08-09-2017, 06:05 PM
I don't hunt, just target distance shoot so option 2 looks like it may be the best one:) looks like no mods would be needed to the stock just some mag tweaking if I understand you correctly? And thank you for the response!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk