PDA

View Full Version : 338/375 Ruger Striker is finally done!!!!!

yorketransport
09-04-2010, 11:40 AM
It has taken nearly 6 months, but my Savage Striker build is finally done! Long story short, this has project has been a frustrating comedy of errors from the start. Very little has gone according to plan. The project is over budget and behind schedule, but it' finally done. For the most part. ;)

Here's the specs:
-Savage Striker action (originally a 300 WSM)
-Benchmark 18" Palma contour barrel measuring .78" at the muzzle
-Chambered for the 338/375 Ruger
-Centershot Rifles Muscle Brake
-It currently wears a Burris 3-12x pistol scope. I'm going to test it with this scope. Depending on how recoil is, I may switch to a rifle scope so that I can get higher quality glass.
-Right now it's sitting in a factory tupperware stock that I painted to cover up some work that I did to the stock. I recontoured the grip a little and flattened the forend. I'll probably switch to a rear grip stock soon. I just need to recover some funds first.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t260/collegekidandy/100_0928.jpg

Andrew

358Hammer
09-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Very Cool Indeed!

Looking forward to velocity and range reports!

Neal

Blue Avenger
09-04-2010, 08:00 PM
that should be pleasant to shoot! You paint the stock?

yorketransport
09-04-2010, 11:01 PM
that should be pleasant to shoot! You paint the stock?

Yes, I did. It's one of my better rattle can jobs, so I think it turned out alright. My son liked it so much that I actually painted his bed with a similar pattern. :D

I'd like to get out and shoot this on Sunday. The problem is that it's bear season and the berries are pretty much prime right now. I almost don't want to waste one of the few chances I'll have to get out and hunt. But then again, I need to get this Striker up and running in time for deer and elk season.

I just finished loading up some 225gr AccuBonds and 225gr TTSX bullets. I'm using max loads for the 338 Win Mag as my starting point and working up from there. I believe that this case should have similar capacity as the 330 Dakota. But 330 Dakota data isn't exactly every where.

Andrew