PDA

View Full Version : Savage 10 FCP-SR .308 - Picatinny Rail Scope Mount torque

patrickk83
08-04-2017, 12:49 PM
Hello and greetings from Austria!

After reading a lot about torquing the Savage Accustock I realized that the screws of the rail scope mount become loose.
Could someone plese tell me how much in.-lbs. I should use for tightening the screws. I think I will use blue or red Loctite too.
The rail is the standard one which came with the rifle (I think it's a 0MOA rail but I don't know how to figure it out).

For the Accustock I applied 35 in-lbs at the front screw and 30 in-lbs at the back screw. Any other helpful suggestions are welcome.

Thank you for your help

best regards

Patrick

orenp
08-04-2017, 08:13 PM
Don't use red loctite. Requires heat to remove. I know you may really want to put red on them but you'll wish you didn't later. Use blue or purple. I use the blue stick type (like Chapstick; easy to use) on everything with no problems. Doesn't loosen up and comes off when you want it to. One of the lessons learned from owning Harleys.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

patrickk83
08-05-2017, 01:15 AM
Thank you for your reply.

I will get some blue Loctite today. How much torque would you recommend?

huntin1
08-05-2017, 06:54 AM
I've always used 20-25 inch pounds on the base screws.

patrickk83
08-05-2017, 09:35 AM
Fine thanks!

RC20
08-05-2017, 12:17 PM
I don't use locktite at all.

If needed what it indicates is there is an underlying problem.

Torque is off, fasteners stretched.

orenp
08-06-2017, 06:34 PM
I'm sure that you are technically absolutely correct. However, locktite quickly solves the problem permanently without the lengthy technical analysis. For example, I'm sure there was a very good reason why my scope rail kept coming loose. But rather than continue to have my days at the range ruined by a loose rail, while I researched the true cause, I took the easy way out. Locktite. Problem solved. No more lost range days.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk