PDA

View Full Version : J series?

rjsixgun
09-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Other than the screw spaceing is there a way to tell is a model 110 is a J series? by the serial number maybe?
Reason is I'm looking at a used 110 30-06, serial number is FJ XXXXX.

ellobo
09-04-2010, 07:27 PM
If it is a J series in 30-06 no problem. The problem arises when you have one in short calibers like .308 and want to change to a long caliber. The J's were in the range of long calibers that were made to shoot short calibers before they actualy went to a short acion. The J sereies bolt spacing should be 4.522 for the short version, 5.062 for the long version. They are all intrnal magazines, staggered feed. Aftermarket stocks are available.

El Lobo

bapayton
09-14-2010, 06:28 PM
I have a line on a CHEAP "J", formally an intermediate I believe, short action receiver. The only thing it needs is a complete bolt. Anyone know if the bolt parts are still available because I doubt if a complete bolt is?

Thanks for all your help, BP

Cover Dog
09-14-2010, 08:16 PM
rjsixgun.....I have a J series 22-250 I purchased new in 1979. The ser. # is D062xxx and above the Savage info on the barrel it says "112R Series J".

I have 5 other Savage including a single shot ss action T & T by SSS w/the Evolution trigger and I'll tell you the J series action is the smoothest Savage I own. The Evolution trigger is excellent.

The J series just recently became a 6mm AI in a Kevin Rayhill Rollover Cheek Thumbhole Stock dipped in Natural Gear camo, action w/SSS tactical bolt handle and SS 26" Shilen SM Magnum contour barrel were teflon coated by Black Ice Coatings, and it wears a Zeiss 6.5-20x50 w/Rapid-Z varmint reticle in Burris Sig. Zee rings.