PDA

View Full Version : Wrong stock

12bhunting
08-03-2017, 06:52 PM
I ordered a hogue stock for my 110 LA. I guess I ordered the wrong one because it is cutting out for a detachable magazine and my gun has a blind mag. I looked up bottom metal but do not want to spend $200 on a detachable mag system. Is there a cover plate that I can use or am I just hosed and my only option is to spend money on a detachable mag set up? Appreciate any help.

RP12
08-03-2017, 07:40 PM
Can't you just send it back for the one you want ?

12bhunting
08-03-2017, 08:27 PM
Can't you just send it back for the one you want ?

Yes that is the new plan. Only other option seems very expensive.

hereinaz
08-03-2017, 08:36 PM
I have seen the metal savage bottom metal with a mag for around 100 in the classifieds.

Call Savage to see how much for plastic or metal... i think I remember someone saying the plastic was like 12 dollars or something stupid cheap.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jpdown
08-04-2017, 12:55 PM
The plastic DBM frame assembly and bottom cap are around $30 from Savage Arms. Or $100 for metal parts. You will also need the shorter front action screw. But you will not be happy with the plastic bottom parts. I'd return stock or "only cry once" and purchase metal trigger guard, DBM frame assembly and magazine bottom cap from Savage Arms.

12bhunting
08-04-2017, 01:34 PM
The plastic DBM frame assembly and bottom cap are around $30 from Savage Arms. Or $100 for metal parts. You will also need the shorter front action screw. But you will not be happy with the plastic bottom parts. I'd return stock or "only cry once" and purchase metal trigger guard, DBM frame assembly and magazine bottom cap from Savage Arms.

Called savage. They said due to year of rifle and it being a stagger feed they have no bottom metal or parts that would work. So I guess switching to a detachable mag is not going to happen.

foxx
08-04-2017, 09:06 PM
Check with Numrich Gun Parts. THey carry older and often obsolete parts. I have seen a metal plate designed by the factory for that very model listed there not that long ago..

RC20
08-05-2017, 08:36 PM
2nd the issue with plastic parts.

Don't get me wrong, plastic and or composite done right is good stuff. Drill covers are an example. I have banged smacked and beat them up and never a problem. Done cheap, well its cheap.

I met a (then Black and Decker - now Dewalt) ) demo guy, he had a drill half shell and was beating on it with a waffled framing hammer.

I was convinced but I had to know so I asked. How long does one of those last? About 3 shows, smacking on it when I am not doing anything or no people to talk to.

I had a BBR with plastic. It was broke when I got it (not that I cared, I converted it to TBR).

But that was cheap plastic. Wrong mix and tinsly. That would not last one smack (and didn't even survive installs) of a hammer.

Call it competatvi9e but when you go that cheap you start to loose customers.

Good news the metal still is good so it has not spread.

12bhunting
08-05-2017, 10:42 PM
I ended up ordering a boyds made for a blind mag stagger feed. I also installed a sav 1 trigger. Not really impressed with it. But I only spent $100 so I got what I paid for I guess......