PDA

View Full Version : Model 10 SBA 308W

Pages : 1 [2]

newsavageguy
12-21-2017, 06:56 PM
I don't own a Dicks 10 SBA so I have no idea what it would take to change it.

Hopefully someone will chime in.

Is it a hinged floor plate ???

Thanks for the reply. No, the floor is not hinged. To see the internal magazine the action and barrel have to be separated from the stock. I forgot to include that the rifle is in 6.5 creedmoor with a heavy barrel. When i bought it, Dick's had other savage rifles with detachable magazines, so I was a little reluctant to buy this one. I've been wanting to get into 6.5 and this seemed like a good deal. Changing to a detachable mag would be great.

Zero333
12-21-2017, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the reply. No, the floor is not hinged. To see the internal magazine the action and barrel have to be separated from the stock. I forgot to include that the rifle is in 6.5 creedmoor with a heavy barrel. When i bought it, Dick's had other savage rifles with detachable magazines, so I was a little reluctant to buy this one. I've been wanting to get into 6.5 and this seemed like a good deal. Changing to a detachable mag would be great.

In this case you need a new stock.

Boyds stocks are popular around here, but in my opinion they need to be glass bedded.

There are other options for stocks varying from very affordable to very expensive.

Start your own thread asking what stock folks would buy with the amount of money you'd prefer to spend. Before starting a thread do a little searching to get an idea of stock / chassis types and prices.