PDA

View Full Version : MagPul PRS vs MDT Skeleton stocks... opinions?

Phranque
07-27-2017, 08:32 PM
Now that the 7mm-08 build is complete, I'm going to get to work on building a shorty-tactical out of my 308 10T. Gonna replace the lug & smooth nut, cut it down to 18", and put a SilencerCo ASR brake on it for the suppressor. Pretty much got the chassis narrowed down to the MDT TAC21 (for now :rolleyes:), and want a stock with thumb-wheel adjustable LOP/Riser. I have a PRS on my target AR, so I am very familiar with it & do like it, but just seeking any pros/cons & opinions on the MDT's Skeleton stock if anyone's got/shot one. Thanks!

gurpgork
08-02-2017, 12:03 PM
Although not a PRS/MDT comparo I thought I would share my experience with the MDT Skeleton.

I had the 10FCP .308 and although the Accustock was very accurate after about 30 rounds my shoulder was a wreck and the thing was never comfortable to shoot. Someone recommended MDT. I switched to the MDT LSS and an after market fixed stock with cheek riser. Still not comfortable.

Purchased the MDT skeleton stock and I could not be happier. Gives me the thumb-wheel LOP and cheek riser. Not only that but it allows for the butt pad to cant left or right and up and down. Because it is now a perfect fit, no more shoulder havoc. Able to pound out 75 rounds with 175gr without an issue.

Here is an example with butt pad slid down and canted right for bench rest. I couldnt be happier.
http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q502/jgalaxy1/MDT/MDT_10FCP_zps9779vsvt.jpg

Phranque
08-03-2017, 12:02 AM
This is exactly the type of feedback I was seeking... Thank you! And, pretty nice looking rig...