PDA

View Full Version : Action Differences

mr45acp2u
09-03-2010, 01:42 PM
I am wanting to find out if the 12FVSS is built on the large shank Varmit action. If not how much difference is there in the target vs varmit action. Or are you paying for the target Accutrigger with the varmit action?

I am not an F-class shooter, but want to get into some longer range stuff. I can keep my Garand in the 9 ring at 200 with irons, but I am not much of a scope shooter right now.

If the 12FVSS is the large varmit aciton I will probably get one and upgrade the stock. If not I will likely get the Varmit action and build.

I have an old 10FP in .223 that goes to the range occasionally and it does pretty good, just looking to add a caliber to the stable in a bolt gun. Most of what I have is gas, but both my bolts are savage, .22 and .223

sharpshooter
09-03-2010, 08:45 PM
The 12 FVSS is a varmint rifle and thus is built with a varmint weight barrel. The varmint weight barrels are standard shank. It is not neccesary to utilize a large shank barrel unless you intend to chamber it for a WSM or RSAUM cartridges.
The target actions offer some things that are not available in the standard actions, such as left port and dual port. As far as a target action being more accurate....nobody has proven it.