PDA

View Full Version : Left hand stock and stagger feed conversion

AW87
07-24-2017, 04:39 PM
I'd like to convert my 300 wsm model 11 left hand, stagger feed, blind mag into a center feed drop mag, so I can get a Boyd AT-One stock. It doesn't seam like I have a whole lot of options in a lefthand stagger feed stocks, Boyds only makes lefthand versions for the center feed.

What do I need to do in order to convert my current setup for a new stock?

foxx
07-24-2017, 11:22 PM
Not sure what to do. Might be best to jst sell it and buy a left handed center feed, though.

Having said that, I have modified stagger feed actions to accept center feed magazines in stagger feed blind mag stocks.

I have also converted stagger feed blind mag stocks to accept center feed actions (fill front action screw hole with epoxy and and re-drill another hole a bit forward so as to accept center feed action screw spacing. Pretty much requires a complete pillar bedding job, too.

However, I don't think you will ever be able to make a stagger feed action be able to use a center feed detachable mag because the bottom metal for the dbm requires the cf action screw spacing. You'll never be able to change action screw spacing on the action.

Therefore, sell it and get a center feed action.

Nor Cal Mikie
07-24-2017, 11:34 PM
Get one for a "right hand center feed drop mag". Plug the right bolt handle cut and re cut it on the left side. Get it in a color that is easy to match the bright hand plug.

foxx
07-25-2017, 08:46 AM
^^^ No, Mikie. His action screw spacing is different than the center feed model.

Nor Cal Mikie
07-25-2017, 09:22 AM
At least I tried.