PDA

View Full Version : Keeping count/track of rounds fired

Baryngyl
09-03-2010, 05:05 AM
I see a lot of people list rounds fired when selling a barrel or even just in some posts.

What do you all use to keep track of rounds fired, do you have a specially setup page you can print out?

I already have a lot of different pages I can use for keeping track of what is loaded, but I need to see some ideas on how everyone keeps track of rounds fired.

Thank You
Michael Grace

Nefarioud
09-03-2010, 05:27 AM
Hi Mike

I use a steno pad on the bench and then put it in a spread sheet on the PC when I get home.

I have a pad for each gun and use it for all my shooting notes, scope settings for a particular load, notes on conditions, anything that I feel is relevant to the session, etc.

As a back up to the notes, I use the spent cases to verify. I know from my loading notes how many I left with so I just verify when I return before starting to reload.

I used to print our specific forms, but keeping track of all the paper drove me nuts, so I just use the note pad and decode everything.

Joe O
09-03-2010, 07:12 AM
I use a small notebook ,sold by Sinclair,and allow so many pages for each gun.You could use the load data log,but that wouldn't have the number of shots fired after you had the load to use, hunting.Everytime I shoot,I make an entry,for each barrel.

Danley
09-03-2010, 09:04 AM
I have a template saved that I can email you tonight. Its pretty simple ... it has a column for the date, amunition used, rounds fired that day & total rounds fired since new