PDA

View Full Version : Savage-barrels.com

efm77
09-01-2010, 08:20 PM
I noticed this new sponsor on the site. They seem to have quite a few options for reasonable prices. Has anyone tried one of their barrels? Does anyone know what brand of barrels they use?

GLZ
09-01-2010, 08:48 PM
The website says McGowen ::)

efm77
09-01-2010, 10:08 PM
I only saw where they said they could match McGowen's profiles so I wasn't sure if that also meant that they used their barrels or not. Thanks for the info.

efm77
09-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Nevermind I saw it this time. I was looking too far into the site and it's right there on the main page. DUH!

KTV
09-02-2010, 10:41 AM
I noticed this new sponsor on the site. They seem to have quite a few options for reasonable prices. Has anyone tried one of their barrels? Does anyone know what brand of barrels they use?

what are the chances this is just another website setup for McGowen to sell their barrels?

lostart
09-02-2010, 11:14 AM
I talked to the guy a little yesterday. He seemed like a good guy. They have reasonable prices and are from montana, both good things. Being from montana myself, I prefer to buy from businesses in my state if I can help it. I know Mcgowen has had its problems, but so has any other company. If we have a problem with our savages, we don't go buy a remmington. (just sayin).

efm77
09-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Yeah I thought their prices were reasonable too relative to what some other barrels cost. The site looks like it's pretty easy to place an order too. I may have to try them out.

358Hammer
09-02-2010, 07:18 PM
EFM

Ask him if he knows the difference between a 11 degree and a recessed cut crown if you don't mind. If you use my name we may all know the new business man. I here we may all already know who this is.

Neal

lostart
09-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Neal,

I have a feeling that you know this guy and it sounds like a forum member...wonder who?

358Hammer
09-02-2010, 11:03 PM
ActuallyI e-mailed him.

Yes sir, I do know him. Good people I remember!

Neal

efm77
09-03-2010, 06:39 AM
I was wondering what you meant by that comment Neal. I was worried you may have had a bad experience with them. It looks like y'all may be old friends.

rchouser
09-03-2010, 07:34 AM
Then the concensus is this new seller is good to go? rc

efm77
09-03-2010, 08:18 AM
I haven't had any dealings with them yet other than an e-mail I sent asking some questions and they responded to me pretty quick and seemed pretty helpful. Their prices and options seem pretty good so I will probably give them a try in the near future.

northlander
09-03-2010, 11:00 PM
This new supplier is the old salesperson from McGowen that left the company. Some of you may know him from before - Jon Frost.

Jon is taking orders and offering the exact same McGowen Barrels that I currently offer. The big difference is if you want it from stock or are willing to wait for it to be built. When McGowen offered their latest pricing several dealers are now able to offer very affordable resale pricing. Just check around before you buy and you may be suprised what you can pick up a McGowen Barrel for during this sale.

Jim Briggs
NSS

McGowenRifle
09-12-2010, 03:03 PM
I was told by someone about this post and that some people were trying to put savage barrels and McGowen in the same sentence. I can tell you that the only way that savage barrels and McGowen are affiliated is that we sell barrels to them and they are now a new customer.

And as far as McGowen goes, we've definitely seen a drop in the industry, not only on our part, but industry wide due to the poor economy. We are always looking at future avenues to distribute and sell our products. While we do have a few customers who do sell our pre-fits, we feel that a little competition (i.e McGowen vs. Shilen) is good not only for the industry, but also for the customer in general.

Obviously if you have questions about the company savage-barrels or any other company who distributes our products, you should direct them towards them and not McGowen as we are just the manufacturer. It is always better to contact the company who sold you the product and not the one who made it. This goes with any product, not just firearms related. Of course, if they cannot answer your questions we are all too happy to help in any way that we can.

Dan